★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Diner Dash on sale! 2.99

05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Diner Dash on sale! 2.99

Diner dash has been reduced from 4.99 to 2.99.

Diner Dash
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Wedding Dash, another "dash" spinoff, is also on sale from $4.99 to $2.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303337299&mt=8

05-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Sweeeet!! Been wanting to buy those two for ages.
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I love Diner Dash on the computer and jumped when I found out that it could be on my iPod. I bought it immediately for $7.99 and hated it. It was a direct port with no optimizations for the iPhone. Instead of using the mouse, I used my finger. I got through about half of the game and couldn't bear to go on with this terrible game. Long story short, it's the only paid app that isn't on my iPod anymore and other than Rolando ($10), it was the most expensive. I wouldn't recommend this until it hits $0.99. With a lot of improvements on the controls, this could be a decent game but until then it sucks. Stay away.

EDIT: Sorry Nightstalker; I wish that I warned you earlier.
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
No Offense to Diner Dash, but when it comes to Time Management games, I find that Sally's Spa and Airport Mania are the best. Theyre also at 99c right now.

What games do you think comes next?
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I think my fav TM game at the moment is Chocolate Shop Frenzy. It's fun, relaxing and relatively easy, and best of all, has perhaps the best graphics among all the TM games on the app store.

Just downloaded Diner Dash and Wedding Dash. As dmbfan1192 pointed out (thanks!) the graphics aren't the best but I had already played the lite versions, and found them good enough.... I haven't played Sally's Spa, but if Sally's Salon is any indication I'm sure it's pretty good. Tried the lite version of Airport Mania but didn't like it enough to consider buying the full version.

Last edited by Nightstalker; 05-08-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: sentence addition
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
I think my fav TM game at the moment is Chocolate Shop Frenzy. It's fun, relaxing and relatively easy, and best of all, has perhaps the best graphics among all the TM games on the app store.

Just downloaded Diner Dash and Wedding Dash. As dmbfan1192 pointed out (thanks!) the graphics aren't the best but I had already played the lite versions, and found them good enough.... I haven't played Sally's Spa, but if Sally's Salon is any indication I'm sure it's pretty good. Tried the lite version of Airport Mania but didn't like it enough to consider buying the full version.
You gotta try Sally's Spa, it's has some elements of Salon but with better graphics and more gameplay variety..For example, in Salon, you oftentimes just tap the arrow to get to the next haircut style...In Spa, you also get to have swipe motions to cut fingernails etc.

Also, you get extra revenue for selling products which you'd have to base on the market demand. The story mode is nice too.

Thanks, I'll look into Chocolate Shop!
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
Diner dash has been reduced from 4.99 to 2.99.
Got it, thanks.
Would it make sense to also get Wedding Dash or is it the same thing, just with a Wedding theme instead.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
All Playfirst games are on sale including Chocolatier and Dream Chronicles.
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
TheKrazyRussian, you can try the lite version of Wedding Dash.

Delirium211, I just picked up Sally's Spa. Thanks for the recommendation. Thankfully, it's on sale for $0.99! About Chocolate Shop Frenzy, I think you should try the lite version first to see if you it's to your liking.