★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ascendancy Anniversary Celebration $4.99 - .99

01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Ascendancy Anniversary Celebration $4.99 - .99

A game can only have one first anniversary on the App Store, and today is Ascendancy's. Now through the weekend only, get Ascendancy for 80% off the usual price.

We want to say a special thankyou to all those who have purchased Ascendancy at full price over the last year. As some of you may have observed, we very rarely change prices, but we also don't allow advertising inside our games, don't have any non-game popups intruding on the enjoyment of gameplay, and no micro-transaction fees to purchase things that are just supposed to be part of the play experience anyway. "Just Play."

Your support helps small independent developers like us continue improving Ascendancy and creating new, original, triple-A mobile games within the franchise and without. Exposure to new fans is a biggie, and every five star review helps. So if you enjoy playing Ascendancy, please consider posting a favorable review for us on the App Store.

And thanks, too, to all those who have helped us improve Ascendancy by sending detailed comments to our email: contact@logicfactory.com . Each of you have received personalized and quick (usually) responses and we love being in touch with customers and fans, old and new.

Best,

Logic Factory
01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you so much!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

01-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Amazingly deep and complex Space 4X game. Highly recommended.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Complete bargain.

Anyone wondering if they might like a 4X game should snap this up at this price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
The Ascendancy game thread has some good starting information for new players, and great reminders for original players of the pc game. I know it helped me.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ght=ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
I found the original manual of the PC game:
http://www.b-sting.nl/ascendancy/dow...ncy_manual.zip
It should give you some hints...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Here's a link to a high quality color manual that looks a little clearer than the B&W version http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2122
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm incredibly interested in this game.

Mainly because of the Developers particpiation here and incredible post above, thank you!

Is this game tough to "get into" espeically for somone new to this type of game?

I've never heard of 4X games before () will this one be a good one to grab?

Heck, for a buck I can't imagine going wrong!

Tim Eggers
@Tim_Eggers
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I visited your site, read some reviews, and watched some of your videos...

Yeah, BOUGHT, no problem. I get the impression you guys ROCK, I can't wait to find out.

As always thank you for the interaction with your customers, both here and via email. That attitude from a developer makes it much easier to hit the BUY button regardless of price...

Either way, I hope to learn this game and see what it's all about. I'll bookmark all the guides and links above, anyone else wants to toss tips my way please do!

Thanks Logic Factory!

Tim Eggers
@Tim_Eggers
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Ascendancy is essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimEggers View Post

Heck, for a buck I can't imagine going wrong!
Ascendancy, like any good strategy, has a learning curve but is worth the effort. 4x Wikipedia link FYI
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimEggers View Post
4X stands for explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate, which are the four basic objectives for games in the genre. The original 4X game was Master of Orion. Ascendancy is an excellent example, as are Starbase Orion and Distant Star, if you're looking for other iOS options.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic