★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

SlotZ Racer HD (Free update, Universal)

01-10-2012, 04:46 AM
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassica2012 View Post
Is it released?
SlotZ Racer Caterham Special is (the one off promo version for Caterham Cars) but the SlotZ Racer HD update is a few weeks away yet.
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
#22
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Just wondering what you get for owning the old version? Isit worth buying it or just waiting and buying all the IAP? From how good the Caterham version is I'll be wanting all the IAP on offer as you have my support.

I wish there had been a lite version of slotz as I would have bought it a long time ago.

01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus View Post
I got a shiny new iPhone today and when I restored it from a backup of my previous one it lost a whole bunch of apps including SlotZ Racer. It looks like not all my apps transferred across from my old laptop when I upgraded last year...

Does this mean that I will have to pay to unlock the pre-existing features of the app even though I bought SlotZ the week it was released back in 2009?

Is there a work around for customers in my situation?
Do you have your other iPhone?

Plug it in to your computer and in iTunes "Transfer Purchases" from it.

Also - you may still be OK, if the backup made had savegame data for SlotZ, it should still be there even if the IPA wasn't available to install from (i.e. if you went to install SlotZ, the app data would be there if that makes sense...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Just wondering what you get for owning the old version? Isit worth buying it or just waiting and buying all the IAP? From how good the Caterham version is I'll be wanting all the IAP on offer as you have my support.

I wish there had been a lite version of slotz as I would have bought it a long time ago.
So far the extra pack for our long term fans includes a very mental extra car, an extra championship and the Pro Tune feature that normally comes with the IAP is also unlocked so you can swap out motors, tyres etc. I'm planning on adding in silly little extras as we go along for that too. Mostly it's a thank you for everyone who's bought and played SlotZ Racer over the last couple of years.
01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
#25
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
So far the extra pack for our long term fans includes a very mental extra car, an extra championship and the Pro Tune feature that normally comes with the IAP is also unlocked so you can swap out motors, tyres etc. I'm planning on adding in silly little extras as we go along for that too. Mostly it's a thank you for everyone who's bought and played SlotZ Racer over the last couple of years.
But will all these extra be available as IAP's in the new version or only for early buyers? Either way I'll be giving you my money just want to know if I'll be missing features not having the old version?
Thanks.
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
But will all these extra be available as IAP's in the new version or only for early buyers? Either way I'll be giving you my money just want to know if I'll be missing features not having the old version?
Thanks.
At the moment the plan is for these specific extras to only be available as a thank you to current players. The Pro Tuning feature is in both of the two IAP car packs though (There's going to be a Caterham Pack with all the cars from the Caterham Special game along with the Academy spec Roadsport and the new Caterham SP/300.R track car prototype and a Vintage Racers pack). Both packs will come with new cars and extra championships for them.

As there's a few players out there who have lost their original download for various reasons I'm looking at putting the game back on the store for a very short window so they can re-download it but I've got to check that can be done in a way that minimises new players accidentally buying it without realising it's going to switch to free almost immediately. In theory feasible if we're allowed to change the app description to something like "Please do not purchase this at this time, it's just about to switch to free"
01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
#27
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Ok thanks. I'm so torn between what to do but I think I'll just wait for the new version and get the IAP's
It's all sounding really good at the minute. A vintage pack will be sweet.
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Do you have your other iPhone?

Plug it in to your computer and in iTunes "Transfer Purchases" from it.

Also - you may still be OK, if the backup made had savegame data for SlotZ, it should still be there even if the IPA wasn't available to install from (i.e. if you went to install SlotZ, the app data would be there if that makes sense...)
Unfortunately the old phone is no longer with us... Hopefully the save game was transferred in my backups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
As there's a few players out there who have lost their original download for various reasons I'm looking at putting the game back on the store for a very short window so they can re-download it but I've got to check that can be done in a way that minimises new players accidentally buying it without realising it's going to switch to free almost immediately. In theory feasible if we're allowed to change the app description to something like "Please do not purchase this at this time, it's just about to switch to free"
This would be fantastic for those in my situation.
Is there any way to enable re-download of past purchases though iCloud without making the app available on the store proper?
01-11-2012, 03:17 AM
#29
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus View Post
Unfortunately the old phone is no longer with us... Hopefully the save game was transferred in my backups!


This would be fantastic for those in my situation.
Is there any way to enable re-download of past purchases though iCloud without making the app available on the store proper?
Actually, it looks like Apple already have this solved. It's still apparently showing in the Purchased list for you to redownload over iCloud on the App Store on my iPad and I was able do install it from there.
01-11-2012, 04:59 AM
#30
Found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
Actually, it looks like Apple already have this solved. It's still apparently showing in the Purchased list for you to redownload over iCloud on the App Store on my iPad and I was able do install it from there.
Right you are, I was able to download the game from my purchase history.
One thing to note if you need to let other customers know about this trick is that searching for it in purchase history doesnt return any results. I has to sort by purchase date, locate the iTunes receipt in my inbox, and scroll all the way to the date of the purchase (back in January, 2009 for me)

Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I look forward to the update coming out in the coming weeks.