Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
aoisora aoisora is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 189
Default

Bought the game when on sale. Nice one. Managed to get to level 11. What i still dont understand up to this point is how the skills arrangement work. I dont understand how exactly "proper arrangement" is the key to win. I just simply add skills into the slots.. Thats it.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
blastemup blastemup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 50
Default Questions

I have been enjoying the game too, at level 11. I don't understand the forge. I go into the forge and there's a list of items. What are they? Where is the equipment I am wearing? How can I improve the weapons, armor, etc. I have on my character? For example, I have a battle axe and I want to improve it but I don't see it (or any other of my stuff) on the list. Also, when I pick a chest, it opens and I see about 5 things on top of 5 chests, I hit the "pickup" button, then when I look at my inventory I don't see any of those things in there. Where did they go? Also, somewhere I saw a list showing the different colors on equipment meant stronger/weaker but now I can't find that list. Was it in the tutorial? Is there somewhere I can see that info again? This is a new sort of game for me so I apologize if these are dumb questions, maybe some of you more experienced players can explain. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Lumiere Lumiere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoisora View Post
Bought the game when on sale. Nice one. Managed to get to level 11. What i still dont understand up to this point is how the skills arrangement work. I dont understand how exactly "proper arrangement" is the key to win. I just simply add skills into the slots.. Thats it.
I think that is referring to your choice of skills. Some skill combinations work better against some, but fare poorly against others, etc. As you level up and visit different trial maps, you will encounter mobs using various skill combos. Another way is to take a look at what skill sets other players are using.

On another note, this is what I enjoy about the game. Reminds me of Guild Wars, where you got to pick your skills according to the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Lumiere Lumiere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastemup View Post
I have been enjoying the game too, at level 11. I don't understand the forge. I go into the forge and there's a list of items. What are they? Where is the equipment I am wearing? How can I improve the weapons, armor, etc. I have on my character? For example, I have a battle axe and I want to improve it but I don't see it (or any other of my stuff) on the list. Also, when I pick a chest, it opens and I see about 5 things on top of 5 chests, I hit the "pickup" button, then when I look at my inventory I don't see any of those things in there. Where did they go? Also, somewhere I saw a list showing the different colors on equipment meant stronger/weaker but now I can't find that list. Was it in the tutorial? Is there somewhere I can see that info again? This is a new sort of game for me so I apologize if these are dumb questions, maybe some of you more experienced players can explain. Thanks.
Hi welcome to the game!
1) When you enter forge, you can only improve items in your inventory. Equipped items are currently not available for forging. I believe tis may change in next update though. So for now you will have to un-equip your items first before improving.

2) You can only get 1 out of the 5 items from chests. In your inventory, you can scroll up and down to view more items.

3) Orange (set items - these items provide a special bonus if you equip 2, 4 or all 6 pieces of the set) is best, followed by purple, blue, green and white is the poorest quality.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
TomekSzymek TomekSzymek is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 454
Default

Really nice game
I just started to play. Are there any friends or sth like that do add?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Lumiere Lumiere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
The opportunity to earn diamonds in game is too low and so far the game is one long grind after grind after grind. This is obviously a potential money sink, and the game is probably for those die hard grinders or people with plenty of disposable income.

I have a question for those who bought the Assassin class. After you spend the 4.99 USD to buy the Assassin class, does it stay unlock or the next time you want to change to that class, you still have to shell out another 500 diamonds again?
Just sharing my experience so far:
Not sure about diamonds, but i do know that at higher lvls, you get to earn more money. E.g. From about lv25-30 i earned at least 200-250k thereabouts. At least 2 ways of looking at this:
1) Before lv22+ it is indeed quite hard to earn money to purchase scrolls for upgrading your gear. This might present some difficulty for players who dont wish to pay at all. I recommend using purple/blues that you pick up along the way and avoid upgrading unless necessary.
2) From lv25+ onwards you can earn money to pay for your upgrade scrolls. Definitely not enough to suddenly upgrade all your gear to godly levels, but at least you know money making is possible. ( note: i mean money, not diamonds. )
3) I have to agree that lvl grind becomes increasingly more and more difficult as you lvl. But then again most games are a grindfest of some sort. The good thing is as you lvl, you are also earning money for your upgrades.

On the other hand, this game is relatively new, and I heard there are new stuff planned for future updates.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
bune bune is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
The opportunity to earn diamonds in game is too low and so far the game is one long grind after grind after grind. This is obviously a potential money sink, and the game is probably for those die hard grinders or people with plenty of disposable income.

I have a question for those who bought the Assassin class. After you spend the 4.99 USD to buy the Assassin class, does it stay unlock or the next time you want to change to that class, you still have to shell out another 500 diamonds again?
I'm not 100% sure as i'm not tempted to test it but i believe that each time you change class you have to pay X number of diamonds. I switched from my starting class to Assassin for 500 diamonds but if i want to switch back i have to use another 5. The starting classes cost 5 to switch to, and monk/assassin take 500. It does not look like it is a class unlock since to switch to the female assassin which is the same except different gender would still take me 500 diamonds. So don't change unless you really want to.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Kildar Kildar is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bune View Post
I'm not 100% sure as i'm not tempted to test it but i believe that each time you change class you have to pay X number of diamonds. I switched from my starting class to Assassin for 500 diamonds but if i want to switch back i have to use another 5. The starting classes cost 5 to switch to, and monk/assassin take 500. It does not look like it is a class unlock since to switch to the female assassin which is the same except different gender would still take me 500 diamonds. So don't change unless you really want to.
Is assassin really worth 500 diamonds? Or should I stay as a ranger?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM
bune bune is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
Is assassin really worth 500 diamonds? Or should I stay as a ranger?
Depending on the type of character that you want to create it might be better. What stats are you looking to maximize? If you want lots of dodge and crit then your maximum from equipment will be higher than most other classes.

Last edited by bune; 01-15-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
jeff xu jeff xu is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Default

Maybe someone needs to play different characters in the game.The next version is coming soon.You will be able to create 5 roles in one server in February.

Last edited by jeff xu; 01-15-2012 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent