★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ant Hive Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.0 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ☄ From the award winning creators of The Line HD. ☄

Silvio is the finest chef in all of Little Milano...and is secretly dating two girls. As is usually the fate of the liar, disaster strikes. When the truth is discovered the girls start a frantic food fight, forcing Silvio to make a hurried escape and leaving his clothes behind.

He must now find a way to calm the girls down and get his clothes back before the whole city sees him in his birthday suit!

Ant Hive Ambassador's comments:
Hi there guys and gals.

I am happy to announce that our latest game, Little Milano, has been passed and is now available on iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-milano/id451105410?mt=8

For the bargain basement price of $0.99, you get a match 3/4/5 game with a twist. Creating tasty food from angrily thrown ingredients
Either aim for 5 star perfection on all 24 of the Challenge levels or shoot for the stars and be the best in the world with the score attack Endless Mode with Game Center integration.

So why not click the link and have a little look?
You know you want to
01-05-2012, 11:54 PM

01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Ohhh nice.
Thanx !!
01-06-2012, 05:24 AM
I lol'd hard @ the italian setting ^^
01-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Well..... it makes a change from a zombie infested wasteland or a farm doesn't it ?
01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I sure wish there was a movie or something to show how the actual gameplay works. Am I matching same items or grouping different ingredients to make food items? Is this a bit like Alchemize in that grouping the right stuff together then forms a new item as opposed to just clearing everything? Do the needed ingredients even need to be adjacent?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I sure wish there was a movie or something to show how the actual gameplay works. Am I matching same items or grouping different ingredients to make food items? Is this a bit like Alchemize in that grouping the right stuff together then forms a new item as opposed to just clearing everything? Do the needed ingredients even need to be adjacent?
I couldn't resist and took a leap of faith! It's actually pretty cool.

Ingredient blocks are piling up and you need to combine the appropriate ones to make the desired food items. Each of these recipes have 3-5 ingredients and to make a food item you simply need a connected line (vertical or horizontal) that includes 1 of each of the needed items.

You can only pickup the top block of each column and dump it on top of any other column to make these matches. Once the appropriate ingredients are in a line they'll magically all reduce themselves down to one block of this new item. Just double click on this newly created item to deliver it to one of the sisters (it doesn't seem to matter which of the two as far as I can tell).

When dealing with multiple recipes on a level the game is at least nice enough to color code the blocks so you know all red outlined blocks are for one thing and the blue outlined blocks are for the other item.

At the bottom of the screen are your objectives, like make 3 espressos and 2 tomato salads. After you have already made the 3 espressos you can still make more to clear up some space but it won't help with your quota goals. Once all desired items are made and delivered the level ends and you are given 1-5 stars based on how quickly you achieved your goals.

If you ever let the filed fill completely up with ingredient blocks you'll lose a life (well in this case, one of your clothing items from the clothes line) and if this happens 3x before meeting your objectives the level is failed.

If you manage to complete more than one recipe with the placement of a single block you can get a power-up...but I have no idea what this power-up does (double tapping on it looks like it then bonked one of the sisters on the head, so maybe it slowed down the new blocks dropping for a few seconds?).

There is an Endless Scored mode but you can't access it until you have completed all 24 main game levels. While I appreciate having to work a bit to unlock the goodies, I sure hope this won't be too hard to achieve!

4/5

My iTunes Reviews
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
WOW !!! Awesome summary LordGek

For anyone else who would like to see it in action, I point you towards the previous "Coming soon thread" that has some vids on.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=117278

You are correct in that it doesn't matter which girl you throw to.
We did have a mechanic in place at the beginning of development where it mattered, but that didn't make it to the final build.

We also ummed and aaaaahd over exactly what needs to be done to unlock Endless Mode too.
Although the task may seem daunting (complete all 24 Normal levels) you only need to complete them... not complete them well.... so hopefully you stick with it and get there.... although things do get pretty mental after half way

Endless Mode is pretty much what it sounds like. There are no 'specific' recipes you need to make, only ingredients that are constantly thrown.
So you just make whatever you can with whatever you see.

By the time you reach Endless Mode, you should be fairly proficient at knowing the 5 basic main types of dish and what needs adding to them to make them into the advanced 4 and 5 ingredient forms (but the recipe button is still there if you need a refresher)

Thanks for taking a chance on it and also leaving a very positive review.
It really is very much appreciated !!
01-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Hive Ambassador View Post
WOW !!! Awesome summary LordGek

For anyone else who would like to see it in action, I point you towards the previous "Coming soon thread" that has some vids on.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=117278

You are correct in that it doesn't matter which girl you throw to.
We did have a mechanic in place at the beginning of development where it mattered, but that didn't make it to the final build.

We also ummed and aaaaahd over exactly what needs to be done to unlock Endless Mode too.
Although the task may seem daunting (complete all 24 Normal levels) you only need to complete them... not complete them well.... so hopefully you stick with it and get there.... although things do get pretty mental after half way

Endless Mode is pretty much what it sounds like. There are no 'specific' recipes you need to make, only ingredients that are constantly thrown.
So you just make whatever you can with whatever you see.

By the time you reach Endless Mode, you should be fairly proficient at knowing the 5 basic main types of dish and what needs adding to them to make them into the advanced 4 and 5 ingredient forms (but the recipe button is still there if you need a refresher)

Thanks for taking a chance on it and also leaving a very positive review.
It really is very much appreciated !!
No problem. I got to the 17th stage so far after a few hours work (with many being of the pathetic, "It took you HOW long?" one star variety). ;-p

So is there more than one power-up and what does it/do they do?

Is there any sort of combo scoring mechanic in Endless? Are all of the ingredients available from the get go or are there just a few basic ones with a larger variety getting introduced over time?

My iTunes Reviews
01-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Just picked it up due to LordGek's review and I can attest, a fun and addicting game. For the price of .99, highly recommended for any puzzle fan. Buy it, it is fun and addicting, btw, loving the pixel art. Oh yeah, played on my iPad 2, sweet!