★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Introducing PaintScape - an exuberant blend of art and game. PaintScape is a 2d side-scroller shooter that uses hand-painted art to create a vivid world for you to navigate.

Defeat over 100 enemy varieties across seven unique worlds. Upgrade your player's weapons, shields, and abilities as well as acquire bombs and force fields to help overcome the black and white world!

FEATURES:

All Hand-Painted Art
7 Unique Worlds - 20+ Levels
100+ Enemies
Huge Upgrade System
Joystick OR Tilt Controls
Manual OR Auto Fire
Custom Indie Soundtrack
2 Save Slots

"I must say, it looks cool." - Ryan Scott, Former Editor at EGM, Gamespy

Agas's comments:

Introducing PaintScape - an exuberant blend of art and game. PaintScape uses hand-painted art to create a vivid world for you to navigate. Defeat over 100 enemy varieties across seven unique worlds. Upgrade your player's weapons, shields, and abilities as well as acquire bombs and force fields to help overcome the black and white world!

The making of Paintscape :

01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
It does look crazy. Guess its Worth a try. Will be back soon with a Feedback.
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I see a rhinoceros!
01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Game Impressions

Nice art, nice music, and the overall composition works well. There just isn't much of a game. That said, the experience overall is still somewhat enjoyable. Sooner or later though, you're likely to start falling asleep. My threshold was at around 15 minutes in.
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
This looks interesting. Are there any plans for an iPad version to really show off those art assets?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Game Impressions