★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any games like Broken Sword?

01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Any games like Broken Sword?

I recently discovered broken sword and I'm absolutely hooked! The voice acting, the humor, and the beautiful animations are the highlights for me!
Are there any other games out there similar to this? like, with voice acting and everything?
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Beneath a steel sky
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Machinarium

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM
YES! Broken Sword is AMAZING! I've yet to start the sequel, but I can't wait! The Hector series is pretty good, not as good as Broken Sword but still really good. I think you'd like Phoenix Wright as well.
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
1112 series.
01-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I didn't even like point and click games until now ! Thanks for the suggestions pal! Downloading awesome cop! What's monkey island about? Are the animations any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIMALCHOPPINGS View Post
Beneath a steel sky
Ahh sucks it isn't there for the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
Machinarium
Uh....there is no voice acting in this one. I think I'll pass, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yam View Post
YES! Broken Sword is AMAZING! I've yet to start the sequel, but I can't wait! The Hector series is pretty good, not as good as Broken Sword but still really good. I think you'd like Phoenix Wright as well.
Yes it is! I just started broken sword 2 and wow! The difference from broken sword 1 is immediate! The graphics and animations have been improved like crazy and it all looks freaking amazing! the voice acting is better than ever too....George is a funny dude lol ! Definitely my fave game on the iOS so far!

I had the hector series a long time ago. It lacked the charm of broken sword and I think I played it for like 5 minutes. Is it worth giving it another try? Does it get interesting later?

Phoenix wright looks good! Is there voice acting involved? That's very important for me ! Thanks a lot for the suggestions dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
1112 series.
Thanks! Will check it out.
01-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Beneath a steel sky would probably look fine on iPad 2x cause it is all pixel art and would upscale nicely
01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't pass on machinarium just because it doesn't have voice acting, it's a fantastic game, the artwork is simply outstanding

Gamecenter/openfeint: kearnel81
currently playing - weird worlds, GPA, chu chu rocket, if2, bards tale, defenders of Arcadia, six guns
01-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Classics available in the Appstore:

Beneath A Steel Sky
Monkey Island Series
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2

But the best bet is to jailbreak and get ScummVM - which plays almost any Point and Click adventure game. I beat Day of the Tentacle no problems and am very far in Kings Quest 6.

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon