★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Studio Pixel
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 0.3 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Save our seals! Studio Pixel (Cave Story) debuts on iOS with Azarashi, a adorably cute game that will challenge your reflexes and keep you coming back. Use your lightning-fast fingers to stop one of three seal keychains from dropping--BUT don't stop them too soon or bad things will happen! Azarashi features instantly accessible gameplay that's fun and safe for the whole family.

Arashi541's comments:

Made by the developers of Cave Story, one of my all time favorite games. Picked it up and is quite the reflex tester.
01-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Absolutely thrilled to see Studio Pixel on the App Store and hopefully this will lead to a port of Cave Story+ on iOS. That being said...hmmm, I picked this up and I can see it doing well, BUT I can't help but wonder how this would be received if it were made by anyone other than Studio Pixel.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

01-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Absolutely thrilled to see Studio Pixel on the App Store and hopefully this will lead to a port of Cave Story+ on iOS. That being said...hmmm, I picked this up and I can see it doing well, BUT I can't help but wonder how this would be received if it were made by anyone other than Studio Pixel.
Yeah I feel exactly the same way about this game. Really wanted to support the developers so that they would bring it to iOS or at the least iPad. Their next game for iOS is something called Rockfish.
01-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Is it a portent that cave story will come to iOS? That's great!
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I hope Cave Story in NOT ported over to iOS devices. That game cannot work with virtual controls especially with the alternate end.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
I hope Cave Story in NOT ported over to iOS devices. That game cannot work with virtual controls especially with the alternate end.
nothing in this post makes sense. not a goddamn thing.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
nothing in this post makes sense. not a goddamn thing.
Shall I break it down?
Quote:
I hope Cave Story in NOT ported over to iOS devices.
Pretty self explanatory but I don't want the game to be ported on iphone, ipad, or ipod touch.

Quote:
That game cannot work with virtual controls
Cave Story is a requires quite a few areas that require precise movements and actions that cannot be done easily with virtual controls. There are some jumps that are already really hard to pull of with real controls.
Quote:
especially with the alternate end.
If you fulfill certain requirements in the game you can enter the Sacred Ground level where the difficulty is HELL. Absolute pinpoint accuracy is required and that will definitely not be possibly on virtual controls which lack tactile feedback.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.
01-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Shall I break it down?

Pretty self explanatory but I don't want the game to be ported on iphone, ipad, or ipod touch.

Cave Story is a requires quite a few areas that require precise movements and actions that cannot be done easily with virtual controls. There are some jumps that are already really hard to pull of with real controls.

If you fulfill certain requirements in the game you can enter the Sacred Ground level where the difficulty is HELL. Absolute pinpoint accuracy is required and that will definitely not be possibly on virtual controls which lack tactile feedback.
So here's a thought: you, and all the other real hardcore gamers who are too good to play this hardcore game with anything but a tactile feedback controller (3000-SX) can like, you know, just not play it? While the unwashed masses who wouldn't know better can just try it and see how we get on. Would that be ok then?
01-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
So here's a thought: you, and all the other real hardcore gamers who are too good to play this hardcore game with anything but a tactile feedback controller (3000-SX) can like, you know, just not play it? While the unwashed masses who wouldn't know better can just try it and see how we get on. Would that be ok then?
+1 Totally agree with this.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"