★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What happens if you uninstall apps in which you have purchased levels?

05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
What happens if you uninstall apps in which you have purchased levels?

Basically, I'm a bit concerned about what would happen if let's say, you bought a level pack or something for a game. And I really like the game a lot. And maybe, in a year or so, I change to a 3rd Generation iPod Touch. If I reinstalled that game, would I have to re-purchase all my level packs? I mean, judging by that stupid 99c for a rocket launcher thing, it seems like a one-off purchase. Is it saved in your purchase history so you can redownload that add-on any time you want, or is it just for that device and that time only? So if I uninstall that app, or otherwise re-install it, I would have to purchase it again. Does anyone with access to the 3.0 SDK have an answer? Or whoever wants to blast this whole stupid idea again.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know what you mean by level packs, but if you buy something, it's forever recorded, and you can download the thing again and again for free cause you already paid for it..

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time
05-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Also, it isn't going to be $.99 for any rocket launchers. That was just part of the build they made for the presentation, to demo the in-game purchases. Not their actual gameplan.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
05-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl2006 View Post
I don't know what you mean by level packs, but if you buy something, it's forever recorded, and you can download the thing again and again for free cause you already paid for it..
Like, there's a lot of talk about being able to buy DLC from within the game, like new levels or weapons or maps, in the 3.0 update.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra275 View Post
Like, there's a lot of talk about being able to buy DLC from within the game, like new levels or weapons or maps, in the 3.0 update.
My bad, I have no clue.

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl2006 View Post
Yea, it's just like buying any other single app. You can download it anywhere to any device as long as you are on the same account you were on when you made that "in-app purchase."