★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Extreme 3D Kart Racing, take complete control over the vehicle! Extreme physics, speed, crashes, weapons and more!

Tiki Bobby has been making friends, enemies, and has even contacted some old buddies from way back, and they have decided to go racing!

From the depths of the volcano there has emerged some of the zaniest vehicles one could imagine. Ever thought of slapping some wheels on a giant piece of fruit and taking it for a spin? How about racing around in a turtle shell? Why not go a step further and race around in a fruity tropical drink, umbrella and all. If you would rather be the big bully on the road, why not ride around in big heavy log or a volcano powered lump of rock? We did not forget our traditionalist with a sleek powder keg powered drag racer and Tiki Bobbys take on what a traditional kart should be.

Go deep into the world of Lonlos Volcano like never before. Enjoy the vistas as you barrel down the raceways of 15 fun filled tracks. Hold on tight to your seat as you encounter death defying jumps, spiral through corkscrew turns, speed through boost pads, and go full speed through gravity defying loopedy loops.

Snag a power up pineapple and shuffle through the available gifts to torture your opponents. Send a fireball right up the tailpipe of that guy who cut you off. Plop a puddle of oil or a big glob of goopy tar to discourage the person tailgating you. Fire off a mighty missile to plow its way through the competition. Drop off a mine to create a waiting danger zone. Swipe another drivers kit to anger him then send him to into a rage as you use the item of destruction on him instead. You can even be awarded an extra punch of nitro booster.

Bullet points -

8 karts
15 tracks
Boosts
Rockets
Land Mines
Fireballs
Oil slicks
Sticky Tar
Fast paced
Springs
3 Levels of difficulty and speed
Each Kart has its own handling and abilities - Acceleration, Top Speed, Traction, Boost power, Off-road ability.
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I actually picked this up last night but didn't have time to create a new thread. The advertising is pretty annoying in the free version, but for 3.99 you can get more content and remove the ads. I like the package overall, but there's something weird aout the tilt steering -- you sometimes seem to lose control. It could be a bug, or perhaps an enemy weapon that is not clearly shown. Even though I usually prefer tilt steering in racers, I dig touch controls on kart games, and unfortunately this game doesn't have that option.

I would suggest that folks give the free version a good whirl before unlocking the rest of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some updates sooner rather than later.

01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Saw this today. Not sure will it beat Sonic...?

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Game Impressions

01-14-2012, 07:43 AM
I bought the content pack, and so far, I'm liking everything apart from the tilt controls. I play it with my iphone plugged in to my monitor to avoid motion sickness from trying to watch a spinning screen.

If they added touch controls, i'd be relieved. Some of the previous Tiki games have been thin on updates in the past, so I won't hold my breath.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
01-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
I bought the content pack, and so far, I'm liking everything apart from the tilt controls. I play it with my iphone plugged in to my monitor to avoid motion sickness from trying to watch a spinning screen.

If they added touch controls, i'd be relieved. Some of the previous Tiki games have been thin on updates in the past, so I won't hold my breath.
Yeah, the tilt controls make this pretty much unplayable for me. As I mentioned above, it's not just that I prefer touch on kart racers: there literally seems to be something wrong with them. I would describe it as lag, maybe, or oversteering -- perhaps they were trying for realistic handling, which is a poor fit on a kart racer.

It's too bad, because there's otherwise a lot to like in the game. I hope it gets updated.
01-14-2012, 08:10 AM
I chose one of the unlocked characters with lower speed, and better handling. The controls were a lot better.

Check the handling stat of the character you're using. Even with the better handling character, I was very occasionally spat in to a 360 without any control, when coming out of a boost / large corner.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
01-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglez View Post
I chose one of the unlocked characters with lower speed, and better handling. The controls were a lot better.

Check the handling stat of the character you're using. Even with the better handling character, I was very occasionally spat in to a 360 without any control, when coming out of a boost / large corner.
I'll try that. But I think there's a difference between a character being difficult to control and making their steering laggy and frustrating.