★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jump Dewds! Exclusive Sneak Peek! (Also, Beta Testers Wanted)

01-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Jump Dewds! Exclusive Sneak Peek! (Also, Beta Testers Wanted)

Click image for larger version

Name:	sneakpeekLogo.png
Views:	2
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	40510
Basic Premise:
Set on the hidden volcanic island of Dewdawonton, lives an undiscovered race of creatures who call themselves "dewds." Underneath this island is the largest hoard of treasure in the world -- and every time the volcano erupts the treasure erupts in a fountain of gold coins. It's your job to collect as many of these falling coins as you can before the coins shatter the ground and expose the magma underneath!

Name:	01.jpg
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	40511Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	40512

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	40513Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	40514

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	40515

How to Play:
Tilting your device enables you to move left and right, whereas tapping the screen makes your dewd jump. With a pool of lava threatening you from below and objects plummeting toward you from above, mastering these controls is essential to not only nabbing coins that drift down the screen, but primarily for the sake of survival. Collect enough coins and you're able to unlock new levels, power-ups, and even playable dewds.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's What People Are Saying:
Over the holidays, we tested it on a diverse group of users (actually...mostly just family at get-togethers). It received almost exclusively positive feedback! Here are some of the highlights:

"Oh, that's neat. Did you make that on the computer?"

"Why does that panda guy poop strawberries?"

"Is this the Angry Bird game I saw on the Today Show?"

"You spelled dude wrong."

"Oh neat. Hey, I have an idea for an app…"

"Needs more birds."

Beta Testers Needed:
We have room for a handful of folks who would like to give us meaningful and thorough input. Most of the game is pretty solidified -- the areas we are looking for most feedback are bug reports, pricing, and balancing. If you're interested, sign up at our beta sign-up page. We have a new beta being released very shortly (probably 01/08).

We're planning on release in about a month, but no solid date is yet set. Hope you enjoy!
01-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Looks like it could be fun.

There, add that to what people are saying.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

01-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Signed, looks fun

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Looks Fantastic. Signed up
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Signed up!!

Part of the Beta Tester Alliance
01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Signed up.
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to GraveckTy
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far, we are making a couple last minute changes and will have a build shortly!

One thing that wasn't mentioned above is that we are planning on releasing with real-time multiplayer matches, but our testing session is geared more towards the Singleplayer experience. JD is a lot of crazy fun, and I hope you guys enjoy it!
01-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Woot, sounds like fun ... multi-player you say!... 2 or more or just 2 ?
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to GraveckTy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopeus View Post
Woot, sounds like fun ... multi-player you say!... 2 or more or just 2 ?
2-player head-to-head madness!
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
OMG great little game,

so here's what I noticed so far... the skele-dewd rox but when he disappears and reappears he collects coins on the way up but not special things like bonuses and powerups, which might be what u want but stinks lol...

- also when you lean your dewd onto the side of the screen it gives you a triple jump.
- I had the game lock up on me 1 time so far... cant replicate it
- if a block is parachuting down and you pop the parachute but somehow get stuck under the block and it falls all the way to the ground and it falls on another piece of ground tile, you get pused into the lava and die...
- I dont see how the negative effects coming out of the lava can come out when the metal ground power up is used

Last edited by Echopeus; 01-11-2012 at 09:58 AM.