★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Game Controller support!
Native AirPlay support to play in true HD on your HDTV.
Game Center support!
Amazing particle effects!

Watch the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-blFzNWac

Nucleus is an action packed arcade game with classic roots. You fly a spaceship around while blowing up space debris. There are tons of cool weapons powerups which give you lasers, heat seeking bullets, shields, etc. The goal of the game is to build Atoms by collecting Electrons and taking them to the Nucleus. It's an incredibly fun and exciting game, and it can be played over AirPlay in true HD on your HDTV set.
01-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Game Impressions

I doubt Atari is watching, (probably a good thing actually) but this is how you update a retro classic.

Pure arcade, old style gameplay dressed in a sparkly new suit and sent out into the world at 60 FPS. Along with a new idea or two, but nothing that really deviates from the core gameplay. I actually think a few more ideas could have been implemented to spice things up a little more; some extra goals or such, particularly as you get up to later levels, but that's the sort of stuff just as well left for creative updates.

What's here now, is glorious, and more than worth anyone's buck.

01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Best asteroidsish game I've played since space miner blast. Simple, fun and polished.
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Pretty good game. Thanks, Gabrien.
Challenging too. Took me a few tries to get up to level 4. Thankfully its one of those games where you can improve with practice.
Very well designed and much recommended.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks pretty good to me. The controls could be prettier but the game looks stunning.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I like it a lot, but on my ipod, the particle effects slow the game down a wee bit. Plus i really wish the controls werent so big.
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
This is a good old-school retro-visitation skinned with new-world sensibilities. The game's apocalyptic score is rounds out the entire gaming experience wonderfully. My only complaint is that even though I have maxed my iPad 2's brightness, the smaller, remnant asteroids that spew forth after I clip its larger incarnation are harder to pick up against the background. In fact, each time my ship was destroyed, I was surprised because I didn't see the smaller object either headed my way or hidden when I went to pick up a power-up/"score box". I hope the devs can fix this quickly in the game's next iteration.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
This is a really fun one! It's amazing how sometimes the simple games are the ones that are the best.
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I just download it. Great apps, Thanks Gabrien
01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
This game is listed under new and noteworthy now and it deserves it. I can't understand the people complaining about controls in the AppStore. Controls seem excellent to me.

My only complaint is the way scoring and game progression works to make high score runs tedious. I have been going back and forth with another guy at the top of the leaderboard, and I'm realizing that beating his current score might just take longer than I feel like playing. There needs to be something to hurry you up from one stage (element) to the next. As it is, for a high score you can just park in a low level for hours destroying rocks, not until you die, just until you reach your goal and quit since you likely will gain more lives than you lose in an early stage. You get an insignificant amount of points for completing an atom, broken and destroyed rocks have the same point value throughout the game, and though power ups get more frequent, by the first green rock level, I can basically keep a weapon power up on constantly. Some kind of time limit per stage (maybe an invincible ship that starts chasing you), and/or increased points with higher stages is needed to balance score chasing. I know I could score billions in this game currently but it would be boring, and that's not how it should be. Another thing that would be nice is a second leaderboard for highest element reached.