★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: NFS and Tiger Woods Golf

View Poll Results: Which is a better game?
NFS 36 78.26%
Tiger Woods Golf 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
NFS and Tiger Woods Golf

I know these are two different types of games and some people may get annoyed, but i was wondering which game will last longer and is an overall better experience to play. I like both of these genres, but I don't want to spend $10 on a game when i could have enjoyed the other game more. Thanks for your opinions.
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
do you like golf or car games better? they are both great games both provide hours of entertainment. you can't go wrong with either just pick the genre that you like more. /thread.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I loved both of them and I think it really is hard to compare and choose since they're both good games for the genres. Buy one this week, buy the other the next.

They really are great games, I'd say NFS seems more polished but Tiger Woods has more replay value. That's about as much of a comparison as I can make. Either way, get them both.

05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Get a coin, and flip it.

Well, how about this. Do you already own a golf or racing game? If you do, then buy the opposite.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
05-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Get a coin, and flip it.

Well, how about this. Do you already own a golf or racing game? If you do, then buy the opposite.
Or just buy from whichever genre he likes the most.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
05-08-2009, 11:14 PM
i would change the title of the poll to "which do you think has the most replay value"

and to answer yuor question, i like tiger woods, its fun, very in depth but it gets boring, in NFS it is a neverending quest to pull out the biggest dirft possible, and i loooooove how they setup drifting it stomps and console racer imo.... concept, not graphics and customization stuff

Beta Testing:
Waiting for: A true iphone MMO
Currently Playing: I have Iphone game app ADD its hard for me to stay hooked on 1
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
That's definately a tough one. Both great in their own ways. If you don't get bored with golf games then I'd say Tiger Woods has alot more replayability. NFS would be a bad game to miss out on so I say get one now and buy the next when you have more money. Two you shouldn't miss out on.

Now Playing: NFL 2010, Paper Toss: World Tour, Baseball Slugger, Peggle, Dungeon Scroll
05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Totally different games, but a good questions nonetheless. I have the same dilema, but with ACreed and Terminator also in the mix. So far I am leaning towards NFS, I feel it's the most "evolved" game so far, but I have to spend more time with NFS and Pink Slip I got not so long ago. I also have quite a few "non-premium" games of top quality to enjoy in the meantime, so I'm happy to let the dust settle for a while.

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
05-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Tiger woods will last longer.
Need For Speed will be more fun but wont last as long as tiger woods.

I'd get NFS just cause it's amazingly amazing...
05-09-2009, 02:05 AM
If you want polish and graphics go with NFS. Keep in mind I don't have NFS. If you want replay factor go with Tiger Woods.