★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MMz Tech
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: An epic adventure, filled with dozens of friends, monsters, puzzles, items and quests providing hours of fun. Enjoy the retro looking graphics in a fun and charismatic adventure around the Cuber World!

Some Features:
- Retro Graphics with Modern Gameplay Mechanics!
- Bosses with challenging fight mechanics
- Free Updates with New Content and Gameplay!
- Smart Action Puzzles

Upcoming Features:
- For Chapter IV I want to introduce a crafting system in the game (something like Terraria's Crafting System)
- Dynamic Inventory System
- Spellbook (you will be able to customize some spells and create others by combination)
- Sandbox mode

Cuber Quest is a living project so if you purchase the game now, wait for good free updates in the future.

mmztech's comments:

App Store (Full Version): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cuber-quest/id492489367?ls=1&mt=8
App Store (Lite Version): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cuber-quest-lite/id500678535?ls=1&mt=8

Description
An epic adventure, filled with dozens of friends, monsters, puzzles, items and quests providing hours of fun. Enjoy the retro looking graphics in a fun and charismatic adventure around the Cuber World!

Some Features:
- Retro Graphics with Modern Gameplay Mechanics!
- Bosses with challenging fight mechanics!
- Smart Action Puzzles
- Free Updates with New Content and Gameplay!

ScreenShots:

Project Updates

Thank you so much for support guys, the time you spent writing the review and suggestions.

Im working on tweaks now, improving on gameplay mechanics (adding more spells types and elements to make fights more dynamic), building the chapter III (will be a desert with some temples and underground to explore).

Update 1.1 Avaliable now!

Future Updates:
- For chapter IV I want to introduce a crafting system in the game (something like Terraria's Crafting System)
- Dynamic Inventory System
- Spellbook (you will be able to customize some spells and create others by combination)

Well, I want to create a living project so if you purchase the game now, wait for good free updates in the future.

I will use this Thread to keep you guys updated with new stuffs.
Fell free to send impressions and what you want to see in future updates!

Thank you again guys for all support, its a 1man project (Im coder, graphic designer and tester) but I always want to keep the quality high. Its an old dream becoming true, as an older gamer (since 1980) and Im very happy. See you guys soon.
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Some Promo Codes

ELWLTEMYLRR9
EN347LR9WNXR
4F3Y3LRLJN6R
TXTMEJWN37KN
3L7MEE4TARLH

Enjoy and hope you guys like.

01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Thank you, took TXTMEJWN37KN
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
EN347LR9WNXR taken...

thanks a lot!
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
3L7MEE4TARLH thanks

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
01-08-2012, 08:59 PM

01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I am confused, can anyone who got a code or downloaded he game comment on it's nature?
01-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I am confused, can anyone who got a code or downloaded he game comment on it's nature?
Will do tomorrow, kind of late and want to make sure I get some playtime in.
01-09-2012, 02:31 PM
More polished than the insufficient App Store screenshots let on. It's got an abstract brown cube that floats around fighting evil blocks Zelda style. The game doesn't pull any punches with difficulty, which is really nice. There's not a lot of plot exposition at start you just explore and various other cubes walk up and start aggressively bumping into you (which is kind of surreal) with each attack lowering health measured by hearts. The enemy cubes sometimes swarm and are unforgiving leading to sort of run and gun gameplay. With each death you restart in town with all prior items and enemies remain defeated so the rebirth feels a little cheap sometimes coming across as trial and error. It's not perfect but for an indie game the controls are smooth and it's zany enough to work very well. The enemy attack and death animation is servicqble but slightly choopy. There is a virtual joystick at left and 2 buttons at first; 1 button is vacant at start and the other you push to fire a green boot at enemies. The cube seems to float so moving around in combat sometimes feels slow but realistic lending to strategy. To interact with NPCs (who appear docile by standing still) you bump into them; I am told at start to find armor before I can tear open the next area. The soundtrack is tranquil and mixed with the odd character design comes across like a gleeful cult classic riff on older action RPGs. I haven't gotten very far but am amazed so far. I recommend more people download this; not revolutionary but a good throwback with smooth controls and a mysterious presentation that makes the most of indie constraints. Surprisingly fun, at least for the first 30 minutes.

However, the inability to pause or save seems fatal (if this is possible it is not obvious). Although there is multitasking. With some more tweaking to pause, save, difficulty balance, and rebirth cycle this game could be a real gem.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-09-2012 at 09:02 PM.
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Sorry undeadcow you beat me to it. I fully concur with the above impressions. What I did find odd was there wasn't much of a tutorial or direction. This game has the potential to become much more. As stated above, there needs some work, but not IMO. What i do like is retro style graphics that bring some nostalgia to it. Hopefully the developers wil not abandon this game, it could become a hit and a future franchise.