★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Les Ganton
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.5 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Newton: Can you help me fly?
You: How could I help a turtle fly?

Easy to play, but tricky to master
Addictive time wasting fun at its best
18 unique courses
Varying slope sizes
Complete Level Challenges
Complete Skill Challenges
Win Gifts to help on the slopes
Improve Newtons statistics
Earn Achievements
Game Center Leader Boards

Newton wants nothing more than to compete in the annual event known to turtles around the world as the Slippery Slopes Rally. He is still too young to compete in the rally, but the training slopes are open to all, and he has a lot to learn.
This is where you come in.
Having that special touch might not be enough, so adjust Newtons Dive Speed one way to help complete some challenges, or another way to complete other challenges. Keep your strategy secret as you rise on the Leader Boards of Game Center.
You may need to adjust your skill stars from time to time. The choices are yours, and Newton is depending on your skill and strategy as he trains on the Slippery Slopes.

thumbwiz's comments:
If you love Tiny Wings style games you will enjoy the twist that Slippery Slopes offers.

01-16-2012, 08:34 AM
New video added to Youtube

Check out the latest video added to Youtube

Newton's Story

01-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Slippery Slopes Free has been released.
Play the first 3 levels and get some idea of the game play included in the full version. Of course, reviews are always welcome, good or bad.

I hope you enjoy it.
01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Updates coming soon!

I have included some updates to the game to make it a little easier to play.

- auto assign star points (odd numbered level = speed, even numbered level = score)
- auto select new binoculars as they become available at levels 1, 6 and 12
- added Next button to Level Complete menu to begin next level
- renamed Go button to Redo on level Complete menu
- added View Stars and View Gifts buttons as needed at end of level if star challenge completed or gift won
- changed level 2 star challenge from 0:50 to 1:00
- changed level 4 advance challenge from 8000 to 4000
- changed Title text in Gifts screen
- fixed bug that would prevent game from being unpaused as a result of calling applicationWillResignActive

These should be approved in about a week, but don't wait, get it now
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
1.3 released

In addition to the update that made gameplay a little easier, a new update was released today that added depth with background hills.

Other updates in the works include random weather conditions and a generate your own level feature.

Hope you enjoy
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Slippery Slopes 1.5 Promo Codes

Slippery Slopes 1.5 has been released.
Improved graphics and much easier to play.
Comments are always welcome

Here are some promo codes:

03-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I think the visuals could be worked on further, maybe thicker line work that reads better and more pleasing ground/sky.
There are too many games out there with the tiny wings mechanic and the major thing that sets them apart imo are the theme/ visuals;apart from the other elements like challenges/upgrades/gear/coin collection/power ups etc
03-28-2012, 01:16 PM
I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I will certainly continue to work on the visuals. It's a little difficult when you're a one-man-show like me, as I don't get to benefit from the ideas of a team.