★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

World War Robot (from the creators of Age of Empire, Halo Wars).

05-09-2009, 02:13 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
World War Robot (from the creators of Age of Empire, Halo Wars).

The imagery released, while clearly not from the game, looks very cool.

http://appgamer.net/news/2009/may/9/...rld-war-robot/

Quote:
NewToy are kind of an unsung hero, you may not have heard of them but you've definately heard of their games. These guys brought you the entire Age Of Empires series alongside the recent smash hit Halo Wars for the Xbox 360. It probably interests you to know that they are now turning their attention to the iPhone. Their first project is a collaboration with artist and writer Ashley Wood, the guy who created the worlds first digital graphic novel for the PSP cunningly titled "Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel".

Wow, so thats quite some pedigree these guys have. Here's what NewToy have to say about the project...
Newtoy is partnering with Wood to bring his WORLD WAR ROBOT universe to life in a new game designed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

In World War Robot, the human race is split by religion and politics as they wage a savage war between Earth and Mars. Giant robots augment the destruction with incredible battles, intense human/robot drama, a little black humor and some political intrigue thrown into the mix in this epic story.

"We share a dream for a new kind of game development," said Paul Bettner, creative director at Newtoy. "World class game makers from around the globe - artists and illustrators, designers, musicians, coders - joining forces to craft the highest quality entertainment experiences on the most cutting edge game platforms. We are moving away from the monolithic studio model of development. We want to redefine the way video games are made. This collaboration with Ashley is that dream, realized."
At present no further details about the game are available however we have contacted NewToy to try and squeeze some more information. Stay tuned for more on World War Robots as it develops.
While I thought Ensemble Studios made those games, perhaps Newtoy are devs who used to be there:
http://newtoyinc.com/about_us/About_Us.html

Quote:
Founded in 2008, Newtoy is the realization of two brothers, Paul and David Bettner, creators of the internationally best-selling Age of Empires series and most recently the highly anticipated Halo Wars strategy game for the Xbox 360. Paul and David bring nearly two decades of industry experience to Newtoy, with over twenty million units sold and multiple "Game of the Year" awards. For more information, please visit NewtoyInc.com.
Possibly a 1st class strategy game with fancy cutscenes? Stay tuned.

Last edited by arta; 05-09-2009 at 02:28 AM.
05-09-2009, 02:29 AM
As far as I'm aware Microsoft canned Ensemble pretty much as soon as they finished H.Wars. This could yield interesting results for us iPhone gamers. ...Here's hoping.

05-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
I'm definitely open for a decent RTS on the App Store any day.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
05-09-2009, 09:14 AM
A good RTS?, we'll have it in a few weeks! It's called Quantum Collapse and i'm finishing it

I doubt we'll see anything out of this studio in less than a year.
05-09-2009, 09:19 AM
sounds interesting, can't wait to see what the final game will look like.
05-09-2009, 09:24 AM
hmm, will keep an eye out for this.

this is my signature people get over it...
05-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDavalos View Post
A good RTS?, we'll have it in a few weeks! It's called Quantum Collapse and i'm finishing it

I doubt we'll see anything out of this studio in less than a year.
yea but this is a huge name dev, i liked halo wars and age of empire, if this is anything like those it will be worth the wait

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
05-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
hmm, will keep an eye out for this.
Same here

Halo Wars is FTW
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
As far as I'm aware Microsoft canned Ensemble pretty much as soon as they finished H.Wars. This could yield interesting results for us iPhone gamers. ...Here's hoping.
Technically, they(Microsoft) let us know in September that we would be cut as soon as HW shipped.

I have no doubt that NewToy will make a great, polished game. Can't wait to play it.
05-09-2009, 11:33 AM
halo what?

Uh didn't halo wars fail...epically? Oh well, here's to a good game i suppose