Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I am really happy to see this, and I hope it becomes a trend for one reason: file size. I really do not want to keep huge filesizes just for multi (MC3). I personally would gladly pay a few more bucks for a solid multi experience.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
So Madfinger lied to everybody in the beginning stating that multiplayer would be a part of "Shadowgun"? They originally said it would be released by the end of 2011. Hopefully someone will clarify this.

Madfinger? ....will this be a separate app or an update to the existing game we all own?

Can you give us a direct answer? Thanks.
Based on this http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/mad...layer-spin-off I would say its going to be separate, and its going to be a while if its tegra exclusive first
Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

After I paid the full $8 (before they dropped the price) I'd be PISSED if this wasn't an update.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxdaddy View Post
After I paid the full $8 (before they dropped the price) I'd be PISSED if this wasn't an update.
This. And the fact Madfinger gave the impression that multiplayer would he an update to the existing game not a separate one.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
Based on this http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/mad...layer-spin-off I would say its going to be separate, and its going to be a while if its tegra exclusive first
I doubt that they would make it a Tegra exclusive first. But I'll check.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxdaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
This. And the fact Madfinger gave the impression that multiplayer would he an update to the existing game not a separate one.
Exactly. I bought this mother f*cker right on day one. I am always happy to shell out the extra bucks for a good looking, and solid feeling game. This game's single player has delivered more than that, it really is fun for me.

That being said, they did say in the thread that MP would be an update. So if they are releasing this as a separate app, I am not going to buy into it. I would possibly think about it, if they never mentioned a thing about it in the Main game thread, but they did. Simple as that. I now have a neat goal of finding that exact post as well, cause this is Bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
I am really happy to see this, and I hope it becomes a trend for one reason: file size. I really do not want to keep huge filesizes just for multi (MC3). I personally would gladly pay a few more bucks for a solid multi experience.
Many of us though, don't give a sh*t. It's one thing if they released one app for X amount, and a MP app for X amount, then sold the entire package for X-$.99. THAT I would totally be for. My issue with this current situation is that they told us MP would be an update.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:25 PM

From the main Shadowgun thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFingerGames View Post
Morning

Its Separate app and for free.. You will not pay for it, but there will be some IAP, but in good way..

We were not able to add it to original SG, because things start to be complicated and progress was slow.. Now its better and we could deliver great mp game for you..

Best
I'm still waiting to hear about the Tegra exclusive issue. It wouldn't be ther first time that StP had gotten a story completely wrong.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

So on the one hand, this has pissed off everyone who bought the game at full price, who were pissed off anyway as the price is almost half the launch price, me included.

But on the other hand a free online shooter may get a load more people to download and to play against online, (back to the first hand - until IAP screws up the balancing)

I'm sure I'll end up getting it but they aint getting no IAP from me, paid enough the first time round.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
So on the one hand, this has pissed off everyone who bought the game at full price, who were pissed off anyway as the price is almost half the launch price, me included.

But on the other hand a free online shooter may get a load more people to download and to play against online, (back to the first hand - until IAP screws up the balancing)

I'm sure I'll end up getting it but they aint getting no IAP from me, paid enough the first time round.
Yeah, IAP in MP are starting to become a trend...a very bad trend. I'm pretty sure a lot of us here have dealt with IAP hackers and guys that buy a ton of IAP. Then the game becomes who can pay for king of the hill and/or the online gameplay just becomes annoying as hell.

The only game I have any faith in when it comes to a rich online experience is World of Midgard. Word off! is another, but it probably wouldn't affect paople as much as SG or MC3 if it was unbalanced.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

they have also said elsewhere that it would be a free update. they are just trying to milk as much money out of this as possible, and having this game be freemium would be even worse.

Closed Thread