★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BattlePaint! Destroy rogue paintballs. Stay alive.

Release sale of 99 cents!

Check out our new website!
http://www.battlepaintapp.com

"Opens up like a fine wine"
- AppAdvisor

"Loved the game because of how deceptively simple it is. It's the best of touch combined with old-school arcade games"
- TheAppJudge.com

From awarding winning game designer and programmer Cosmo Fumo comes BattlePaint, an unbelievably simple, devilishly tricky, visual masterpiece.

"The visuals are yet stunning. Even if you lose, you've created a graphical masterpiece with the dead paintballs surrounding you."
- AppTestify.com

USER REVIEWS WE HUNG UP ON THE FRIDGE:
"I don't often leave reviews anymore... but your game has shaken me awake from the spell cast upon me by countless lesser games." - CumulusStrife

"I'm pretty sure this is how tie-dye shirts are created." - FourFootOne

"THIS GAME REMINDS ME OF CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - CykoClam

"...it's so fun you'll get sick of playing it, I guarantee." - Ryanson

"...its mindless fun is a huge relief, and loads of fun." - Ryanson

"excelent game" - CUNDAC

justinleader's comments:
Hey all! Please check out my new app, BattlePaint. This is version 1.0, so I'm giving it away free to get reviews and suggestions. This version is still in progress, so we really want to polish it up before we get big press!

Please download it and kick the tires, and let me know here or at info@funatworkstudios.com your thoughts!

01-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Mate, this is actually really good. I like the way the game is paused when you take your fingers off the screen, this should be a feature in all iOS action games.

Maybe you could add some sort of aural or visual clue when the enemy's speed up, I was nearly caught of guard when the speed they moved at suddenly ramped up. Buuuut, on the other hand maybe not, it might be best to keep us on our toes...I dunno......this is why I don't make games :-)

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.

01-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Yeah theres a few other dual stick Infinity Field type games which do that and instantly pause

I'm downloading this now, looks a fun game. Reminds me of that space invaders game (Helvetica or something ?) which basically used all the characters of that font for all the ships/enemies etc which was nice and original.
01-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the comments!

An audio cue would be fun... we'd have to find something that doesn't disturb the music. Currently the music isn't built to be modular enough to speed up or change during the game in response to user actions.

What do you think about the size of the play field that is visible? Do you mind not being able to see the whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Mate, this is actually really good. I like the way the game is paused when you take your fingers off the screen, this should be a feature in all iOS action games.

Maybe you could add some sort of aural or visual clue when the enemy's speed up, I was nearly caught of guard when the speed they moved at suddenly ramped up. Buuuut, on the other hand maybe not, it might be best to keep us on our toes...I dunno......this is why I don't make games :-)
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Re: battle paint

This game is amazing. I just wish I could listen to my music during play (or at least another track). Also I love the auto pause.
01-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Re: re: battle paint

Also I forgot to ask, if you could make a different power up? Like piercing rounds or something.
01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleader View Post
Thanks for the comments!

An audio cue would be fun... we'd have to find something that doesn't disturb the music. Currently the music isn't built to be modular enough to speed up or change during the game in response to user actions.

What do you think about the size of the play field that is visible? Do you mind not being able to see the whole thing?
The play field is fine, it's a little disoriantating at the start with no splatter but that's just the first few seconds. Maybe if the curser could be moved a bit closer to a corner at the start to help new players. But honestly, after your first paint splats it's all academic.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
01-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Re: re: re:battle paint

Also sometimes when I play on my iPhone 4 around lvl 60ish it gets laggy and skips a bit