Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killsheep View Post
Is there anyone know how to request a review about our game 'Darkness Rush' on 'Reviews' page of TouchArcade?
I sent a review request to tips@toucharcade.com 2 days ago.
I would suggest you fix the problem with the 4th gen before you get anyone to review it. Bugs are not a good pro for games. Most reviewers will list these bugs aswell.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

You guys have to Fix this ipod bug... Or bad reviews will be coming on app store .
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
I would suggest you fix the problem with the 4th gen before you get anyone to review it. Bugs are not a good pro for games. Most reviewers will list these bugs aswell.
Quoted for truth. I got the game yesterday and wasnt able to play. I love runner games and this one looks to be a good one, so i held back from making any reviews yet.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I think those powerups work better if you're good at the game. Apparently, I'm not . I end up earning about the same amount whether I use them or not.
Racing sounds interesting. Maybe I'll try again and just leave it till something happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
From what I've read in the thread text is being worked on for next update (a TA user corrected a load of mistakes and the dev took it on board)
You can get a lot more coins by spending some at the start on powerups, i start every round with extra heart and double coins, costs me 300 but I tend to make 1400 a round as I get double points in game, have an extra heart to last longer, and get double the coin score stated after I die.

Yeh Ive played one GC game, over 3g which was a bad idea, hard to get into as I guess the userbase isn't high enough, probably better to organise one with a friend/TA member. Its basically a race to a finish line, with unlimited lives. Could be fun by my game over 3g lagged so much i kept falling into pits and hitting spikes despite my commands, next time will try wifi.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Quoted for truth. I got the game yesterday and wasnt able to play. I love runner games and this one looks to be a good one, so i held back from making any reviews yet.
It works perfect for me. Don't believe me, I'm #1 on the leaderboard (well I was this morning by a stiff margine but I haven't checked if I'm still held up there).

I'm on an iPod touch 4g, iOS 5.0.1
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
It works perfect for me. Don't believe me, I'm #1 on the leaderboard (well I was this morning by a stiff margine but I haven't checked if I'm still held up there).

I'm on an iPod touch 4g, iOS 5.0.1
Noone's doubting you, its just that most of us are experiencing crashes...
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon View Post
Noone's doubting you, its just that most of us are experiencing crashes...
I got the crashes too, but nothing that restarting from springboard didn't fix. Once the game runs, it works fine with no frame rate drops and such even on an iPod. I'm suspecting people might be playing with an amount of apps running in the background.

Crashing on startup occasionally is a known problem with UE3 games (if this is marked down for that in an official review, then IB and IB2 should be as well), there's even a thread for it in which people suggest workarounds and simple explanations.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've been restarting a lot and couldnt even get past the loading screen. I have 9.6GB free on my 32GB ipod touch4 4.3.3.

Funny thing is, i've never had a problem with IB1 crashing EVER. Also, IB2 never crashed on startup on me either ever since v1.0. There were occasional crashes on IB2, but only when i play extended hours in one sitting.

Im a running game addict so I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME NAO.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I've been restarting a lot and couldnt even get past the loading screen. I have 9.6GB free on my 32GB ipod touch4 4.3.3.

Funny thing is, i've never had a problem with IB1 crashing EVER. Also, IB2 never crashed on startup on me either ever since v1.0. There were occasional crashes on IB2, but only when i play extended hours in one sitting.

Im a running game addict so I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME NAO.
Hello Madman100,
Is your iPod touch 8GB version?

The bug of 'Always Crash' perhaps only occur on 32GB and 64GB, since:
(1) we have done many test on 8GB iPod Touch with ios 4/5; iPad 1 16G, iPad2 32G, iPhone 4 16G/32G(IOS 4/5);
(2) I ask people who cann't run Darkness Rush, they all said they are running our game on iPod touch 32G(IOS4 & 5).

I just buy a 32G iPod touch, i will use it to reproduce this bug when i get it.

And you are right, all UDK games have crash issue on some device at sometime, included IB, IB2.

Last edited by killsheep; 01-12-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

Good news! I managed to get the game to work by clearing out all my apps in the cache then constantly make the game load, crash and reload until I saw the menu screen. Then I gave my iPod a hard reset and the game worked! Not sure if it will again though..