★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-11-2012, 03:09 AM
#11
This game is a steal at 99 cents .runs fine on ipad2.
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM
#12
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcizombie View Post
Agrred why would you build this nice looking game for it to be a....running game ?? Come on devs put some more effort !!!
???

Where are you getting at?

Interpretation 1:
Running game should not look good.

Interpretation 2:
The devs are lazy because they made a good looking endless runner but according to a certain someone should've made a platforming game instead.

01-11-2012, 03:27 AM
#13
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
???

Where are you getting at?

Interpretation 1:
Running game should not look good.

Interpretation 2:
The devs are lazy because they made a good looking endless runner but according to a certain someone should've made a platforming game instead.
It's a pity that a game this good looking is a running game which is a shallow gameplay concept , IMO.

Anyway i bought this game out of curiosity and yeah, why isn't there a 2d action/platformer looking as good as this on IOS ??
01-11-2012, 03:43 AM
#14
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
It's a blessing that an endless runner is given such beautiful graphics to behold.

Hope the developer can make some money out of this one, then recycle the graphic assets to make a full featured Castlevania platformer (that's longer than 1 hour).

Let's start a petition XD
01-11-2012, 03:46 AM
#15
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
I thought it will be like a Castlevania type of game.
Damn same here. Cant stand endless runners
01-11-2012, 03:46 AM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Keeps crashing on ipad1.
I am the developer of this game.
I am so sorry about that, and we find this is a familiar bug on UDK(Unreal Engine 3) on iPad1 because it only has 256MB memory(IOS 5 also use more memory for system than before). We are attempting to resolve this at later version. We find you can now restart you device and restart this game to walk around this bug.

Anyway, i am sorry about this.
01-11-2012, 03:51 AM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
It's a blessing that an endless runner is given such beautiful graphics to behold.

Hope the developer can make some money out of this one, then recycle the graphic assets to make a full featured Castlevania platformer (that's longer than 1 hour).

Let's start a petition XD
That's great! We have decided to develop a Castlevania-like game later. We hope you like this running game as well.
01-11-2012, 03:57 AM
#18
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsheep View Post
That's great! We have decided to develop a Castlevania-like game later. We hope you like this running game as well.
This sounds great! Think iOS is seriously missing a great Castlevania-esque game, good luck with that
01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
#19
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsheep View Post
That's great! We have decided to develop a Castlevania-like game later. We hope you like this running game as well.
\(^O^)/
01-11-2012, 04:08 AM
#20
Game Impressions

Darkness Rush: Saving Princess - Tutorial - iPad 2 - HD Gameplay Trailer



Darkness Rush: Saving Princess - Menu/GameCenter/Store/Mission - iPad 2 - HD Gameplay Trailer


Note:

Darkness Rush: Saving Princess - iPad 2 - HD Gameplay Trailer following soon.

It would be Cool if the Staff could move those Trailers to the first Post.

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-11-2012 at 04:38 AM.