Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: Do you like the controls?
I love the controls! 22 18.80%
I like the controls. 27 23.08%
The controls are okay. 32 27.35%
I don't like the controls. 14 11.97%
I hate the controls! 22 18.80%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
It's like your high school prom date, pretty to look at, but ultimately kind of dull.
Well, hell, I could say that about a ton of games on iOS.

At least she was fun! *wink*wink*
Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Now up to 85/100 and unlocked all the vehicles. Good fun going back over some old mission with the best car
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Just picked it up. 2,99 seems to be fine, fun to play, have to get used to the new control scheme but it's a good idea and presentation. Like it.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Now up to 85/100 and unlocked all the vehicles. Good fun going back over some old mission with the best car
Is it easy enough to unlock the vehicles through grinding, or do you pay for them?

And is it fun enough to grind? Ooerr
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
Is it easy enough to unlock the vehicles through grinding, or do you pay for them?

And is it fun enough to grind? Ooerr
I dont think you have to grind much, i've redone a few missions, only ones where i've had 1 out of 5 stars (so wasnt a great effort) just to get a few more stars. At first i got about 3/5 for most of the missions and that unlocked more levels and later more cars.

I havent bought any IAP's, i've hardly had to grind. I have gone over some past missions with a better car (so then its easier to get 4/5 or 5/5 with a new car when with an old car might be just 3/5).

Yes theres 'only' 20 missions but i've really enjoyed them, 1.99 has given me a lot of fun for quite a few hours.

The person who said theres 20 minutes worth of content is talking rubbish, you would have to complete every mission (20 of them) in one minute each (impossible) and complete every mission instantly (again very difficult)

But i've hardly had to 'grind', just re-done a few missions to get some more stars but hardly spent hours and hours on the same mission 'grinding' if you know what i mean.

Now that i'm up to about 85/100 i'll still play it, enjoying going over some past missions bettering my score or time etc.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'd pick it up if they included an alternative control scheme to choose from (like the immaculate stick in Death Rally combines with a ram by tapping anywhere else on the right. That would do it for me. Pushing cars around with my finger? No. No really: no.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I dont think you have to grind much, i've redone a few missions, only ones where i've had 1 out of 5 stars (so wasnt a great effort) just to get a few more stars. At first i got about 3/5 for most of the missions and that unlocked more levels and later more cars.
Thanks, i think thats swayed me enough to buy. Hopefully we'll get some more content later on
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
Thanks, i think thats swayed me enough to buy. Hopefully we'll get some more content later on
No worries, let me know what you think. I hope they add a 'practice' mode where you can just drive about without any missions. Think this game has a ton of potential for a sequel, great game engine, looks so good. Think the car controls are just about right, yeah the car 'sometimes' seems like its on ice but if you made it too tricky then you'll get complaints about that. I'm obviously used to it (hence all the missions done).
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I agree with Psj3809 that this game has loads of potential for future content updates.

to me this is a perfect relaxing kind of game, no thinking required. I'm used to playing intense FPS games, so this is one of those games to just chill out to. If anybody is on the fence on whether to buy or not. Just get it !
Old 01-20-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymadison View Post
I'd pick it up if they included an alternative control scheme to choose from (like the immaculate stick in Death Rally combines with a ram by tapping anywhere else on the right. That would do it for me. Pushing cars around with my finger? No. No really: no.
Err there is

I was never keen on the way they had done this 'push' control (some seem to like it) so i was very happy when the traditional touch screen joystick was also added (what i use). So you control the car with the on screen joystick and press anywhere to boost when available. So sounds similar to the above. So dont panic !