Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Default Aetherium II - The Voyage (by Mark On The Iron)

Hi everyone!

We have just released Aetherium II - The Voyage. It is now live in the New Zealand App Store. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time.

It is a little over 7MB and it will be priced at 0.99$ on the US Store.

Captain’s Log: 12 January 2328 - 07:45 AM

Finally! Those pesky aliens won’t be a problem anymore. But... there’s a long way to my home planet. Will I ever be able to reach it ?

Well... it’s worth a try...

Immerse yourself in this beautiful game. Find your way to your home planet by successfully completing all the levels and trying to earn 3 stars on each one. But don't think it will be that easy some levels require both strategical and tactical thought to solve it.

200 levels:
- 100 "Avoid the Edges" levels: where you try to reach the red squares without hitting the walls.
- 25 "Classic Mazes" levels: where you try to find your way in a maze.
- 25 "Doors Mazes" levels: where you try to find your way in a maze by opening some doors that stand in your way.
- 25 "Tunnels Mazes" levels: where you try to find your way in a maze where the only openings to the end are small tunnels.
- 25 "First Person Mazes" levels: where you try to find your way in a 3D maze.

• 200 levels
• 600 stars to collect
• Game Center Leaderboards

Last edited by MarkOnTheIron; 01-11-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I like it! Are there achievements in the game? If not are there plans to add them?

Excuse me for my achievement whoring, but I'm being pretty rigid this year.

However, the game looks like a pretty awesome maze game, so I might accidentally be hitting the buy button later on today.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I'm glad you like it!

Unfortunately there aren't achievements in it and there won't be. I thought about it and I decided that they would have been redundant with the leaderboards that were already in place so I dropped them.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOnTheIron View Post
I'm glad you like it!

Unfortunately there aren't achievements in it and there won't be. I thought about it and I decided that they would have been redundant with the leaderboards that were already in place so I dropped them.
Yeah, the game looks good!

Sometimes redundant is good because some people, like myself, don't really care about leaderboards. There was a thread on this a while back asking people about leaderboards. Most seemed to not care that much. Most people, especially casual gamers, would rather have achievements over leaderboards. However, having both is ideal. There are plenty of ppl with backlogs smaller than mine that refuse (or at least try) to buy games without achievements.

Achievements are pretty important in games if you ask me, especially when you're on a platform that has so many games to offer. Use me for example: My method of dealing with my backlog problems is to cut out a lot of games that don't include GC achievements.

Also, leaderboards aren't that fun when you're the only one on them for a significant amount of time. This has happened to me before. That or there's only a few other people.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Yeah, the game looks good!

Sometimes redundant is good because some people, like myself, don't really care about leaderboards. There was a thread on this a while back asking people about leaderboards. Most seemed to not care that much. Most people, especially casual gamers, would rather have achievements over leaderboards. However, having both is ideal. There are plenty of ppl with backlogs smaller than mine that refuse (or at least try) to buy games without achievements.

Achievements are pretty important in games if you ask me, especially when you're on a platform that has so many games to offer. Use me for example: My method of dealing with my backlog problems is to cut out a lot of games that don't include GC achievements.

Also, leaderboards aren't that fun when you're the only one on them for a significant amount of time. This has happened to me before. That or there's only a few other people.
Yeah I am the same. This game looks pretty good but I won't be getting it. There are, and I have so many games to get through that I decided that if there are no achievements I won't be buying the game anymore. I know quite a few people that feel like that. Not adding achievements is a big mistake in my opinion. I'm pretty sure there are lots of people that feel the same. Achievements if done right, add something to the game so how can you see them as redundant? IMO Apple need to make Game Center with leaderboards and achievements mandatory. No achievements = No sale

Last edited by pavarotti2007; 01-11-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The thing with having leader boards is if the game becomes popular they become hacked all the time and useless.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Yeah I am the same. This game looks pretty good but I won't be getting it. There are, and I have so many games to get through that I decided that if there are no achievements I won't be buying the game anymore. Not adding achievements is a mistake in my opinion. I'm pretty sure there are lots of people that feel the same.
I mean achievements are great for getting ppl to press the buy button...it has to be! Look at EA, they put the GC logo in some of their games and they don't even use them. *cough* dead space*cough*

Pixel Party (by Panorama Concepts) lied in their description about having GC achievements. hell, I even contacted them and all they did was make the game free for a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
The thing with having leader boards is if the game becomes popular they become hacked all the time and useless.
This is true too!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

You're probably right about achievements. I never give them much consideration especially when a simple leaderboard would fit better in the game design. Probably it's also because I don't like achievements too much and when betatesters force me sometimes to include them I feel bad for my games

Well I will think about it... Maybe in the next few updates I will push some redundant achievements
Old 01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Pixel Party (by Panorama Concepts) lied in their description about having GC achievements. hell, I even contacted them and all they did was make the game free for a day.
That sure is one thing I won't ever do. Better to lose a few sales than make a user angry
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
You're probably right about achievements. I never give them much consideration especially when a simple leaderboard would fit better in the game design. Probably it's also because I don't like achievements too much and when betatesters force me sometimes to include them I feel bad for my games

Well I will think about it... Maybe in the next few updates I will push some redundant achievements
Why no like achievements? Just the redundancy thing?

I read in the dev thread that disassociating yourself from a game is sometimes helpful. But I understand that it can be hard when you put the effort into it! However, you have to think about the consumer. TBH, I could care less about leaderboards. I have so many games that I know I'll never be on the top of anything at least not for long. Plus, even with that I always manage to be in the top 10-20% of most games I play, so think about people's attention spans when it comes to games. Achievements probably influence them to play more of the game then leaderboards do.

Quote:
That sure is one thing I won't ever do. Better to lose a few sales than make a user angry
That's definitely a good thing. I still haven't decided if I'm going to raise all hell about it yet.

All I know is, I'm really tempted to buy this game tonight. So at least you made what appears to be an awesome game!