★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Puzzle from One Thousand and One Nights 'Medina' $.99 -> Free

01-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Puzzle from One Thousand and One Nights 'Medina' $.99 -> Free

Published in App Store in Oct 2011, now first sale ever. Tried it and it's not a bad puzzle. Nice oriental atmosphere. Medina is the second holiest city in Islam (Wikipedia).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
01-12-2012, 05:47 AM
if to judge by the game play video the controls just seem the most unresponsive ever. but the total score is high and the price is right meaning i am going to give this a try anyway. thanks for the heads up

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
01-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
if to judge by the game play video the controls just seem the most unresponsive ever.
Those were my thoughts initially as well but I had no problems to solve the first level on easy in the first attempt. You can only control the character when there is a branch (or to change direction) or an obstacle (double tap)—maybe the reviewer in the video didn't know.

Edit: Now on level 5/normal. There are additional power-ups like invisibility. But the interesting thing of the game is that you can travel through a town where you probably never will be (and not the controls—in One Thousand and One Nights there were no touchscreens available).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 01-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.