App description: Hatchi is a retro-looking iPhone and watch app sure to get the nostalgia burning for all those who cared for a virtual pet back in the 1990s when they were at the height of their popularity. Just as with the keychain-sized pets of the 90s, iPhone, iPod and iPad users now will feed, clean, play with and generally look after their pets to ensure they grow up to be healthy, happy little Hatchis. He needs YOU!

*** Featured on Touch Arcade Best iPhone and iPad Games***

Your Hatchi monster will go through several stages of growth, and will look different depending on the type of care the player provides. There are also NEW EGGS you can get which give you all new types of Hatchi!

Customise your Hatchi!! You can:
* Choose different backgrounds like the park or the beach!
* Use stickers to customise the background to give Hatchi a better environment!
* Change the color of your Hatchi's pixels!

How will YOU customise your Hatchi?

Play mini games!! including:
* The Hatchi Matchi memory game
* Hatchi Squares - play against your Hatchi!
* Roshambo - What Hatchi will you pick?
* Hatchi Catchi - move your Hatchi to catch falling food
* Its raining meds - avoid the meds!
* Whack a Hatchi - whack as many as you can!

and now our ALL NEW MULTIPLAYER BATTLING GAME!!
Play Hatchi Battle with your Game Center friends and see who wins!

Feed, clean, play and watch it evolve over several days.

Say goodbye to your productivity. Say hello to your new friend. Gizmodo.com

It's hilarious, but I really, really, really don't want Big Poppa Pump (his Hatchi monster) to bite the dust. I've somehow bonded with the thing TouchArcade.com

If you have any issues with the game or you just want to say hello, you can email us: support@portablepixels.com

AnarKitty's comments:

The modern-day, old-school Tamagotchi-style virtual pet simulator by Portable Pixels is now available.
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Not sure how the push notifications work as I haven't had any yet but it does stay alive in real time so after we create a pet it's always there needing our attention :-)
Mine hasn't done a poo yet lol
01-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Game Impressions

4/5 IMO The game looks great, runs smooth but, the activities smart and active need some type of involvement with the user or even some choices. Here are some ideas, 1. Have different sub categories under smart/active going from easy to difficult, and chances to fail. 2. Different food types like carrots which are healthy but the hatchi will dislike and cake which will be unhealthy but taste good. 3. Stats for the hatchi, strength, smarts, speed, evil/good, ect. I just want to say this game has so much potential, please make it great!

01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
maybe not the best app to do a video on lol
01-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinyangman View Post
maybe not the best app to do a video on lol
XD inorite. I was actually expecting Sanuku's Hatchi to magically die for some reason. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm just wondering how many different evolutions there are?
The app description just says "several different forms" but im wondering if everybody's is going to grow into the same pet or are there different forms to evolve into?
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Theres at least 4 different evolutions
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I didnt know it was possible until just now but you can use emoji in your Hatchi's name

01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Installing now. Man I've been waiting for this. So excited.

Edit: Oh man I love this. This is perfect. Great Tamagotchi style animations for the eating/bathing/activity, etc. This really brings me back. Hopefully I can keep little Boochie138 alive ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.

Last edited by Booch138; 01-12-2012 at 12:26 PM.
01-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Please let the game more interesting than: tap till All bar are filled, colse app.

Make some choice like games, food, book... Lots of them!!

Maybe each evo have different choice about like or dislike!

AND add some minigames