Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucrezio87 View Post
Please let the game more interesting than: tap till All bar are filled, colse app.

Make some choice like games, food, book... Lots of them!!

Maybe each evo have different choice about like or dislike!

AND add some minigames
I agree with the minigames part. Something simple like like the old Giga Pet games had and such. It would make it a tad more fun. I can see where in it's current state, some people would get a little bored with it easy. But like the Tamagotchi/Giga Pet games of yore, they weren't really meant to be played for hours on end. You make sure your pet is okay, take care of it, handle it's business and set it aside for a little while later. That's where I get my fully nostalgic enjoyment out of it at least, and so far, it has done a wonderful job of that ^.^
Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam View Post
4/5 IMO The game looks great, runs smooth but, the activities smart and active need some type of involvement with the user or even some choices. Here are some ideas, 1. Have different sub categories under smart/active going from easy to difficult, and chances to fail. 2. Different food types like carrots which are healthy but the hatchi will dislike and cake which will be unhealthy but taste good.
I'm going to second this. I like this app, but the big problem with it right now is a lack of interaction. I'm just playing with a bunch of status bars, rather than playing with the pet. This is solved by allowing us to play minigames. And I'm not talking big, complicated programs, I'm talking games like the Tamagotchi had. Simple stuff, but one that lets us actually interact with our pet.

I think a big source of inspiration can be found in the Game Boy version of Tamagotchi. It had the different types of food like this post mentioned, as well as a couple different games you could play with your pet (and tournaments in which you competed with other pets based on your stats, but that isn't necessary if you want to keep this app simple).

I like this app, and want it to be great, and I feel this is how you can make it great.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam View Post
4/5 IMO The game looks great, runs smooth but, the activities smart and active need some type of involvement with the user or even some choices. Here are some ideas, 1. Have different sub categories under smart/active going from easy to difficult, and chances to fail. 2. Different food types like carrots which are healthy but the hatchi will dislike and cake which will be unhealthy but taste good. 3. Stats for the hatchi, strength, smarts, speed, evil/good, ect. I just want to say this game has so much potential, please make it great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
I'm going to second this. I like this app, but the big problem with it right now is a lack of interaction. I'm just playing with a bunch of status bars, rather than playing with the pet. This is solved by allowing us to play minigames. And I'm not talking big, complicated programs, I'm talking games like the Tamagotchi had. Simple stuff, but one that lets us actually interact with our pet.

I think a big source of inspiration can be found in the Game Boy version of Tamagotchi. It had the different types of food like this post mentioned, as well as a couple different games you could play with your pet (and tournaments in which you competed with other pets based on your stats, but that isn't necessary if you want to keep this app simple).

I like this app, and want it to be great, and I feel this is how you can make it great.
I agree with these as well.

While I am having fun having the app, I can already tell that it would get super boring for most people. Minigames would do a great deal of justice, as well as some stats. Something staying as simple as the graphics for this goes, mixed with some of the more complex features found in something like Sonic Adventures for the Sega Dreamcast (raising the Chao, anyone remember that?). You can feed it different things, different activities, different teachings, that can make it, not only to maintain health/happiness, but to (like firstadam suggested) judge whether it would be good or evil as well. I actually like that a lot, because it would make the experience with your Hatchi more fun.

Something I am realizing, particular with these digital pets, is that while the style is spot on, and my nostalgia meter is going crazy, it can and will get boring. Something that could always keep us coming back, is the different evolutions that can come from different ways you treat and take care of your Hatchi, and like I mentioned before, when they are decidedly more good or evil. (also would upgrade replayability)

Something for the dev to think about. I actually think that is an incredibly good idea, that I am in not particularly in a hurry for, but would like to see sometime in the future. I can pretty much guarantee, at 3.3MB, this app won't be leaving my iPod. lol

Edit: Even later, if added these features, there could be minigames with scoring that could be tracked through GameCenter that these "stats" could play a part in, like races, weight lifting contests, eating contests, etc. Things of that nature that people could essentially use the leaderboards for. Something to think about ^.^

Edit 2: @gregorun/portablepixels I am in no way telling you what your app should be, or what I am expecting it to turn out to be in any way, just to be clear. These ideas that I have thought of, based on what users like firstadam and magihiro already mentioned, are just things I/we would like to see sometime down the road to make things a little more interesting, and add a little more depth to your, already, wonderful app.

Last edited by Booch138; 01-12-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A battle system like the old Digipets used to have when I was a kid would be awesome. This is pretty great though been waiting a long time for something like this to drop on the app store.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Bought and Downloaded. Hoping for more interactions and possible even more choices/paths in terms of how the creature evolves.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just bought and downloaded. Going to try it out. Hopefully you can have different types of Hatchi.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Not going to bite.
Not even any mini games?
What a joke?
Clearly the person who made this isn't very good at programming,
If they can't program a very simple 8 bit game then I can almost guarantee there will be no good updates.
I was originally going to buy this because I thought there could be some very promising updates added to a game like this.
But the dev must not have the means or tool available to do so, otherwise he would have added alot more than just a basic pet that does almost nothing, no mini games, only one species, and only 4 different very simple 8 bit sprites.
It's basically a blob that can evolve into 4 other types of blobs if you tend to it every half an hour of your life for the next few weeks. I couldn't think of a worse game to be honest.
I wouod rather spend my 99c on a different game, such as where's my water, which would keep me entertained for many hours instead of just clicking buttons. How lame.

A big company really needs to make a proper tamagotchi app, like Digimons for example. They could make an awesome app, they have the funds to do so and could make many awesome features like battling and mini games, that this dev just doesnt have the means to do.
I'm not hating on the dev, this is a very cute little project for an individual learning how to program but I doubt it'll grow very much, so...PASS

Last edited by Tannorexic; 01-13-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Not going to bite.
Not even any mini games?
What a joke?
Clearly the person who made this isn't very good at programming,
If they can't program a very simple 8 bit game then I can almost guarantee there will be no good updates.
I was originally going to buy this because I thought there could be some very promising updates added to a game like this.
But the dev must not have the means or tool available to do so, otherwise he would have added alot more than just a basic pet that does almost nothing, no mini games, only one species, and only 4 different very simple 8 bit sprites.
It's basically a blob that can evolve into 4 other types of blobs if you tend to it every half an hour of your life for the next few weeks. I couldn't think of a worse game to be honest.
I wouod rather spend my 99c on a different game, such as where's my water, which would keep me entertained for many hours instead of just clicking buttons. How lame.

A big company really needs to make a proper tamagotchi app, like Digimons for example. They could make an awesome app, they have the funds to do so and could make many awesome features like battling and mini games, that this dev just doesnt have the means to do.
I'm not hating on the dev, this is a very cute little project for an individual learning how to program but I doubt it'll grow very much, so...PASS
I can't tell if you're trying to be a troll or if you're actually serious. To go and bash on the programming skills of the designers of this is humorous to me - go ahead and post your games and such before criticizing the devs. Lack of options/interactivity is something to comment on, yes - but programming skills?

Anyways, I love the idea of this game. If the devs are going to follow through and add features/pets/etc, I'll toss them my $1. But I'd like to see some sort of dev comment or something that supports this.

One things for certain - the app store needs a legitimate virtual pet!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 AM

One question: Does Sanuku's gameplay video sum up all there is to do with this app? Press various buttons to fill various meters, and then check on it a couple hours later to fill them up again? I know the app is only a dollar, but I'd like to know if there is more to the gameplay or if the devs plan to add additional features in future updates.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
One question: Does Sanuku's gameplay video sum up all there is to do with this app? Press various buttons to fill various meters, and then check on it a couple hours later to fill them up again? I know the app is only a dollar, but I'd like to know if there is more to the gameplay or if the devs plan to add additional features in future updates.
Yep the video sums it up fine. That's all you do. But that's all you used to have to do with the old tamagotchi's.
There were no mini games, just bars to fill and check on.
Personally I like it and for the price it's hard to complain about anything.