★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nikko - (by Sulake) [Universal/Freemium]

01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Nikko - (by Sulake) [Universal/Freemium]

Quote:
Niko, the game you'll love to play! If you're looking for a cool game, an adventure game, or one of the best iPhone games in a long, long time... you will love Niko! Niko is free to try, so you can play the first 6 levels before you buy and unlock the full game.

Go to the App Store on January 19th and show Niko some love.

More Information about the Game itself:

Quote:
Niko is an exciting adventure game app, combining genius sling shot action and amazing platform level designs. Niko is a rare and inspiring creature, who needs to race through different levels, keep his eyes on traps and collect achievements on the way to rescuing all his friends captured in a place called Otherworld. Niko is a freemium game that is free to download and play for the first six levels, after which it costs $1.99 (USD) to unlock the full game. Niko will be available January 19th for Apple iPhone (3GS, 4 and 4S), iPad, iPad 2 and on iPod Touch.
Quote:
Niko will be available January 19th for Apple® iPhone® (3GS, 4 and 4S), iPad®, iPad® 2 and on iPod touch®. Niko is a freemium game that is free to download and play for the first six levels. The full game with three versatile worlds and 28 total levels can be unlocked for $1.99 (USD).
Homepage:

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
So...angry birds the platformer?

Looks quite good actually. Wouldn't use the term freemium as its doesnt look like it had consumable IAPs, its just a trial with IAP to unlock.

Lets see all the complaints about this IAP unlock build up again, no idea why complaints come in as I think its a great way for devs to get people to try, then buy if they like it quickly rather than sending them back to the appstore.

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man

01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
This looks pretty good, but I'm a little worried that they've only got one game mechanic and that it'll get stale fast.
01-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Looks amazing, but freemium...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
This looks pretty good, but I'm a little worried that they've only got one game mechanic and that it'll get stale fast.
One mechanic worked for angry birds? Squids used the same mechanic in an RPG and did ok. Why would a platformer get stale but the others last

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Looks amazing, but freemium...
Is it freemium? its just IAP unlock I dont see how any consumables could be used in this.

Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
One mechanic worked for angry birds? Squids used the same mechanic in an RPG and did ok. Why would a platformer get stale but the others last
I'm talking about personal enjoyment of the game, and not commercial success. It worked commercially for Angry Birds, but personally I didn't enjoy the game at all, so this argument doesn't really work. Also, it was more than just a mechanic; variations to it were introduced as the game progressed and more birds were introduced. I didn't play Squids because I didn't think the mechanic looked interesting.
01-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
I'm talking about personal enjoyment of the game, and not commercial success. It worked commercially for Angry Birds, but personally I didn't enjoy the game at all, so this argument doesn't really work. Also, it was more than just a mechanic; variations to it were introduced as the game progressed and more birds were introduced. I didn't play Squids because I didn't think the mechanic looked interesting.
Fair point

01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Is it freemium? its just IAP unlock I dont see how any consumables could be used in this.
Oh I see, I stopped reading at freemium, because I had to leave.

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Oh I see, I stopped reading at freemium, because I had to leave.
Did you have to leave because of the word freemium lol

01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Did you have to leave because of the word freemium lol
No When I saw the name, I thought it was a Nikko iOS game: http://www.nikko.eu/