★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gamebook Adventures: Infinite Universe

01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Gamebook Adventures: Infinite Universe

A new sci-fi gamebook series is starting in February by Tin Man Games:

http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=1936

I'm looking forward to this!
01-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Color me very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

01-12-2012, 11:18 AM

-> Instant Buy <-

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Great stuff, got all their books so far and theyre excellent. Looking forward to this one, instant purchase
01-12-2012, 11:53 AM
OMG! Instabuy. I've got all the other books and it will make a change to have a sci-fi one.
02-06-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:

FEB 2, 2012 | BLOG POST

We’re currently about a week away from submission of our 8th GA title, Infinite Universe. Not only is GA8:IU our first foray into the genre of science-fiction, but it is also the first time that we’ll be releasing a GA title for free on the app store. You’ll be able to read the first chapter of the adventure (300 sections!) for absolutely nothing and if you feel you want to continue the experience, you’ll be offered options to either buy individual chapters or all the chapters at once at a reduced price. It’s an interesting pricing structure for us but one we feel should appeal to not only our current fans, but also any new readers that try us out because it is free.

From a design point of view, GA8:IU also makes full use of our new engine that debuted in Temple of the Spider God and will include a host of new skills that can be earned throughout the adventure. We’re not going to reveal just yet how those skills are built up, but rest assured it’s certainly a unique way to “create a character” that has been cunningly devised by Andrew Drage (Brewin’).
Looks quite interesting to say the least !
What do you guys think of this new IAP structure?
Oh, and the release date appears to be around Feb 10 - can't wait!

Last edited by Validuser; 02-06-2012 at 04:16 AM.
02-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh! Noooooo while I love the gamebook series I don't like IAP!
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Oh! Noooooo while I love the gamebook series I don't like IAP!
With all due respect, I really think it is time to take a step back and differentiate between the purchase structure they are using and what you get in something like Gun Bros. This is not designed to squeeze ever-increasing amounts of money from you. It is more like a shareware title or a demo, where you get to try it for free and not spend your money until you know you like it.
02-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
With all due respect, I really think it is time to take a step back and differentiate between the purchase structure they are using and what you get in something like Gun Bros. This is not designed to squeeze ever-increasing amounts of money from you. It is more like a shareware title or a demo, where you get to try it for free and not spend your money until you know you like it.
Maybe. But I personally hate IAPs because I don't have wifi access in my house.
So that means --> reading the book half-way, then figuring out I want to buy the rest of the book, going out to a public wifi spot, buying the IAP, and then coming back home to read it! I definitely think that'll take away from the seamless experience you get from just buying the whole book.
02-07-2012, 03:21 AM
I thought these guys were doing the Judge Dredd gamebook... Now this?

I do hope its the Dredd from 2000AD, and not a hollywood tie-in. Its the humor I most enjoyed about Dredd, not his bike or gun, well they were pretty hot... Oh and Anderson... All those smoking hot fem-judges who where just on another level... and the batshit crazy criminals that put Batman's villains to shame.

I'll pick this up to see how their gunplay etc is being handled.