★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ninja Buddy v1.5 - Official Thread

05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Ninja Buddy v1.5 - Official Thread

Hello All,

Amazing Ninja Buddy version 1.5 update has hit the app store!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303470913&mt=8
More information here: www.omegasoftweb.com

Here is what the update brings to the table:

- New tap based mini-game added!
- New unlockable move: Smokefire!
- Lantern background object added (related to the new unlockable)
- Modification to the star throwing mechanic. Now a star throw will only be triggered if no fingers are touching the screen; this allows you to backswing while keeping your thumb on the screen (so a star throw is not triggered on your backswing) and then removing your thumb from the screen while swinging forward.

Thank you for all of your support so far; if you like Ninja Buddy we would really appreciate it if you wrote a nice review (or dinged your old review if you've put one in already).

We plan to continue with quick and frequent updates, so keep sending us suggestions; Thanks!!
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I love the new mini-game and update...

Gamecenter:1337brian

05-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I love the new mini-game and update...
Glad to hear We are already hard at work on the next one; keep the ideas coming, thanks!
05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Downloading now.

05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I like the tap mini-game a lot! The lantern looks nice.. Maybe fireflies in the background if there's an unlockable where everything is pitch black (except for the fireflies) or ninja fly by and lantern light is blown off.
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM
What do I do to do the action you unlock after beating the target minigame? And I still find the throwing minigame imprecise...

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
05-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
What do I do to do the action you unlock after beating the target minigame? And I still find the throwing minigame imprecise...
For the jump/throwing, after you unlock something just tap the move then tap again to get the new move. Jump swipe up then tap him when he is in the air...it tells you after you unlock the move
05-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21duc29 View Post
For the jump/throwing, after you unlock something just tap the move then tap again to get the new move. Jump swipe up then tap him when he is in the air...it tells you after you unlock the move
Thanks! I'll go try right now...

05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
You trigger the smoke fire special move by first dropping a smoke bomb and then tapping the screen right after the smoke cloud disappears but before the little ball comes rolling in from the right side.

As far as the star game; I think I have to accept that I really can't get much better with the iPhone's severely limited and imprecise accelerometer. The good news is that you can just play around with it over time and figure out which actions can reliably trigger what you want to do. For instance I can nail the star game perfectly now; it's a learning process. Hope this helps!
05-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopia View Post
You trigger the smoke fire special move by first dropping a smoke bomb and then tapping the screen right after the smoke cloud disappears but before the little ball comes rolling in from the right side.

As far as the star game; I think I have to accept that I really can't get much better with the iPhone's severely limited and imprecise accelerometer. The good news is that you can just play around with it over time and figure out which actions can reliably trigger what you want to do. For instance I can nail the star game perfectly now; it's a learning process. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help! For the star game, I can throw left and right, but I don't know how to throw diagonally. Any help?