Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's well worth the price. Although it has made me want to go find my copy of uplink (I'm sure it's in the cupboard upstairs somewhere)

Now if only someone were to release a game similar to uplink, that would be amazing. I used to spend hours pretending to hack systems and steal people money. Bouncing my signal around the globe as if I knew what I were doing. :-)
Old 01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The IAP just look like extra puzzles. In the main game the puzzles are split into areas and each console has some puzzles surrounding it which need to be beat to "hack" the computer. It looks like the IAP are just additional computers to hack if your wanting some extra puzzles. But the games is just fine without getting the IAP. You still get plenty of stuff to do.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hmm, iīm unfamiliar to uplink, only heard of it but never tried it, maybe itīs time xD

About the inapps, they are unlocked sometime in the story of the game and it tells you that you will be charged (of course when the apple id is asked and the message "buy for 0.99" appears... is a little obvious :P); tried one and is another network like the main one but with another 30 assorted levels to complete (5 servers) and a little surprise at the end... i donīt want to spoil it but is some little hidden feature.

PS: oooooomonkey beat me xD
PS2: the achievement of getting 100k points on every arcade game is hard!

Last edited by TheShoresOfHell; 01-14-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I think I'm about 75% done with the game and its pretty fun.

As others mentioned, the hacking part of the game is basically puzzle games. As you "hack" more computers, the same types of puzzles gets harder. You earn "XP" after each hack, and can use these XP to unlock in-game arcade games. The arcade games that I've unlocked are basically snake, brick breaker, top-down car game. There's 2 more that I haven't unlocked. All of these games are mostly ok. The rate you earn XP is pretty fast, and there's no IAP to buy XP.

The main draw of the game for me is how it makes you feel like you're part of a hacking group. You get emails coming in, and there's a "news" browser that changes after you successfully hack computers.

There's GC leaderboards and achievements..but as of when I last checked, there's only 17 players. =/

There's 3 extra IAP in the game (0.99 each), and I haven't purchased any, but they feel like they're "expansion packs" for the game. Its unclear if it adds new puzzles or just more difficult versions of the existing type of puzzles.

Get this game if you want to "feel" like your part of the hacking community, not for the minigames (they're still fun if you like these types of minigames).

Last edited by tops2; 01-16-2012 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I think I will add something to this thread since I created it, there is a video in the webpage of the developer (kind of... itīs the web of the company that created the "Operating System" that is emulating this game; itīs nice).
I hope more people download this, the game is really cool and looking at the leaderboards right now is a little depressing :P
YouTube: video
Added to the first page too.

Hmmm... something wrong with the way I post the video? why is not displaying in this window and creates only a popup?
Go figure... nevertheless, itīs there.

Last edited by CrunchyGamer; 01-26-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Congrats on a good TA review and being mentioned on the TA podcast. =)
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Im glad it was, I would have missed this otherwise.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Lol..nice to hear there's some of us here who's heard/played Uplink.. Old game, but fun. =D
Uplink is an old game?

Try this one...
Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Uplink is an old game?

Try this one...
An old but absolutely excellent game that has still to be bested... It really feels like hacking.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Uplink is an old game?

Try this one...
Lol. Nice. That looks a lot more like hacking then Uplink. I wasn't even old enough to play that looking at the release date.