★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Powder Monkeys (Universal) - FREE -

01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Powder Monkeys (Universal) - FREE -

01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Glad this went free, looks interesting. I am curious about the questing and RPG elements mashed with how screen shots appear.

01-13-2012, 07:24 AM
A few of the iTunes reviews say "unplayable without IAP ammo".

Slimy if true for a normally paid app.
01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Looks great, will try out

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
01-13-2012, 08:05 AM
downloaded and tried it. it's well made but it's not my cup of tea, genre-wise.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chess View Post
A few of the iTunes reviews say "unplayable without IAP ammo".

Slimy if true for a normally paid app.
not unplayable... but gets very damn "grindy" later since by the time you have the money for different bullets, you need to buy supplies again for your current ammo selection...

i enjoyed it quite a bit when it was released... but most of the good things are from IAP... and it gets very frustrating.... i deleted it, can't really recommended outside of free... and even then... still a bit hard

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
01-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
downloaded and tried it. it's well made but it's not my cup of tea, genre-wise.
Same here. Plus it froze on me a couple times....deleted.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
01-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
not unplayable... but gets very damn "grindy" later since by the time you have the money for different bullets, you need to buy supplies again for your current ammo selection...
Agree on the grindy bit. It's a game best tackled in small bites. I bought it when it first came out and I'm still not done with it, but I'm fine with that - it doesn't play that differently as you go up in level, so it's one of those "reliable companion" games. It's different enough from everything else I play that it works for those times I need something different that doesn't require me to remember everything that led up to this point in the campaign.

Game Center : "Chip H."
02-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree with a lot of what is said. The game is good in small doses. The good weapons require IAP and once you hit later levels its a grind fest to get anywhere. I have tons of money and no bananas which require you to use real money to buy. My stats are glitched, achievements are glitched and it crashes occasionally. I'm on the fence about deleting it.