★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Stuart McLean
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Wurds is a unique, varied and hugely enjoyable word puzzle game.
Not only are there literally hundreds of millions of unique FREE puzzles that you can play as much as you like. You can also create and share your own games for a truly endless experience.

Create enough words to fill the board from the letter tiles you are given before running out of time to advance through the levels and up the leaderboards. Play without time limits in laid-back mode or create a globe of words in word matrix games.

Each level is generated dynamically, so there are an almost limitless amount of levels to play. The words you have to find are not predefined either, so as long as you enter a real word that fits on the game board, you can play it.

Create your own custom games by defining a set of letters and words to find. Add a time limit, or not, and share it for any of your Wurds friends to play.

Optional, plural and singular word checking and automatic entry. Say goodbye to the tedious process of entering slightly altered words over and over again.

You can play the standard game, free forever. You never have to buy anything.

Hundreds of millions of unique levels
Five different game modes (One unlimited game mode in the Ad Supported version)
Games generated by Wurds itself, so no expansions to buy. Ever!
Optional, plural and singular word checking and automatic entry
Create your own custom levels and share them with Email, iMessage and AirDrop
Worldwide leaderboards to track yours and your friends progress
Lots of achievements to aim for
Challenge your friends to beat your best scores

If you like word games, you will love Wurds.

There is just one in-app purchase which removes the adverts, adds four new game modes and helps to ensure the future development of Wurds. We don't nag you about making a purchase, there will never be an irritating popup asking you to buy or an advert getting in the way of the game in Wurds.

TrueBlou's comments:
Hello again fellow TA'rs.

I wasn't going to bother making a thread for this, but as Valentia told me to in the thread for Perfection! 3. I suppose I'd better

Nothing groundbreaking, just good honest word making fun, I made it because I wanted to play it which is pretty much how all of my games start out. It's free and there are literally millions of unique levels, so if you like word games it's probably worth a shot.

Cheers.

07-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh good, you did it! This very nice word game deserves some attention.

I'll copy and paste my comments from that other thread now there's an appropriate place for them:

Quote:
Wurds has one of the coolest start screens I've ever seen! That is seriously neat.

I downloaded it last night when I was checking to see if you had any other apps out. (I always do that when I find a game I like--I figure a dev who has made one great game may have others, too. I find a lot of good apps that way.)

I just played it for the first time and I love it. Yes, you should make a thread for it! It's really nicely done--attractive and enjoyable, plenty of achievements to work toward, and 2 different modes.

I love word games as much as I love puzzlers, so this is quite a treat for me! It's the sort of game I put on all my devices, because it's perfect for a nice long word wallow on my iPad, and equally great to have on my iPhone or iPod touch for playing in doctors' waiting rooms and grocery lines. I'm really delighted I found it!

And, seriously, that start screen is just so cool! I hope you enjoy the cup of coffee I just bought you.

I have to tell you that I feel it doesn't matter that it isn't a groundbreaking concept. I think the fact that it is an elegant interpretation of a solid concept is plenty! It's well-done, and the crisp graphics are so pleasing to my unfortunately aging eyes!

I like your games and I like your philosophy re: ads, etc. And these ARE quality releases! I'm enjoying your work very much. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to go play another game of Wurds right now.
Quote:
21,322 points in Wurds relaxed mode. (I keep Game Center in sandbox mode for beta testing purposes because I'm too lazy to switch back and forth. I think that means I may not show up on the regular leader boards.)

Now to work on the timed game. This is really fun!
Yep, I really like this game.

Last edited by Valentia; 07-14-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

07-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Oh good, you did it! This very nice word game deserves some attention.

I'll copy and paste my comments from that other thread now there's an appropriate place for them:

Yep, I really like this game.

Well I thought I'd better do it, ma mamma taught me do do what I'z told, or I getta slap round the heid

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
07-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlou View Post
Well I thought I'd better do it, ma mamma taught me do do what I'z told, or I getta slap round the heid
Lol!!
07-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Cup o' Joe from me too. Well done!
07-14-2015, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
Cup o' Joe from me too. Well done!
Aw, thank you muchly. Hope you enjoy the game (and don't trounce me too badly on the leaderboards )

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Stuart, I also installed this on my phone but I am having trouble finding the "restore purchase" function...is there one? I went into the App Store but it didn't recognize my purchase. Thanks.

UPDATED: I found the button in the upper left corner. Thanks for a great game!

Last edited by PBSNellie; 07-14-2015 at 02:35 PM.
07-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
Stuart, I also installed this on my phone but I am having trouble finding the "restore purchase" function...is there one? I went into the App Store but it didn't recognize my purchase. Thanks.

UPDATED: I found the button in the upper left corner. Thanks for a great game!
Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker, I was filling my face with food.

I guess that button is a bit on the small side now that I look at it again, I'll remedy that in an update.

But if you ever have trouble with it for any reason, you can just use the same button you used to do the purchase first time, you won't get charged again for it.

07-15-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm enjoying it so far, and will be buying you a coffee soon; I've reached my spending limit for the week.

I do have a request and a suggestion.

The request: please make the letter buttons and the spaces above them a bit bigger on the iPad. The spaces for the words you've found/need to find are fine the size they are, but I keep messing up when trying to spell words.

The suggestion: it would be nice if finding a word tossed a few seconds back on the clock.

Thanks!
07-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
I'm enjoying it so far, and will be buying you a coffee soon; I've reached my spending limit for the week.

I do have a request and a suggestion.

The request: please make the letter buttons and the spaces above them a bit bigger on the iPad. The spaces for the words you've found/need to find are fine the size they are, but I keep messing up when trying to spell words.

The suggestion: it would be nice if finding a word tossed a few seconds back on the clock.

Thanks!

I know how you feel with the spending limit, I spend wayyyy too much on games

It's funny you should mention the button sizes, I've been thinking on my last few plays (is it sad that I play my own games lol) that they could be bigger. And I like your idea of adding time to the clock. So I think it's safe to say both of those will be in the next update.

Cheers