• Publisher: Rayark Inc.
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 696.4 MB
  • Version: 7.0.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.9 (9)
App description: ------------------------------------------------------

No. 1 IPHONE MUSIC GAME in Japan, Netherlands, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore

No. 1 IPAD MUSIC GAME in Japan, Netherlands, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, China

No. 2 in the US App Store for both IPHONE and IPAD MUSIC GAME categories

A huge thanks to everyone and your amazing support!

------------------------------------------------------
**Welcome to the Musical World of Cytus**

LETS EXPERIENCE MUSIC N ART, BEAT N REBOUND!

Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME iOS music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!

*FEATURES*

- 100+ songs and 200+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world

- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)

- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes

- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes

- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps

- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges

- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more

- Game Center Leaderboards integration: Challenge fingers from all over the world!

- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills

*HOW TO PLAY*

- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!

*STORY*

In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.

They are the last remnant of the human spirit.

However, mankind is not dead.

Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.

But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.

To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.

The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...

Cytus
----------------------------------------------------
Cytus Official Site: www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark Official Site: www.rayark.com
Follow Cytus https://twitter.com/CytusRayark
Like Cytus http://www.facebook.com/rayark.Cytus

November's Chopin's comments:

Quote:
Description:
❖❖Welcome to the Cytus Musical World❖❖

LET’S FEEL MUSIC’N ART, BEAT’N REBOUND!

Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME iOS music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!

❖FEATURES❖

- 15+ songs and 30+ variations, including many from famous composers around the world

- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)

- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes

- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes

- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps

- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges

- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more

- Game Center Leaderboards integration: Challenge fingers from all over the world!

- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills

❖HOW TO PLAY?❖

- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!

❖STORY❖

In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.

They are the last remnant of the human spirit.

However, mankind is not dead.

Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.

But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.

To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.

The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...

Cytus
──────────────────────────────
Cytus official Site:www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark official Site:www.rayark.com
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later

Video and song information by metalcasket:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Previews of all the songs in the game: http://www.rayark.com/g/cytus/pv.html
01-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Here you go Gabrien.

YouTube: video

Also, here's a link to previews of all the songs in the game: http://www.rayark.com/g/cytus/pv.html

I'd appreciate it if that link to YouTube and perhaps the preview link could be added to the OP. Thanks.
Now you're talking.
01-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Haha, glad to be of assistance.

Now watch as Madman comes in here and posts a song about our bromance.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

01-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I think the problem is it's difficult to tell much from the screenshots. A video is needed. Saying the music's great is meaningless as well as music tastes are highly subjective. I'm mildly intrigued by the game, but feel no pressing need to pick it up on the information presented to me.
Not necessarily - I did try and state it's obviously heavily influenced by Bemani games, and that even though very little of it is particularly original the audio has some very high production values (more so, really, than many Bemani soundtracks even today). That's pretty objective. If you actively dislike high energy Jpop, and the way Bemani appropriates more Western styles of music and filters them through Asian pop culture then fair enough, you're probably not going to find much to like here - but it is very well composed, quality stuff, easily the equal of a lot of current name Asian producers, much of which should lodge in your ears pretty quick. People may very well not like it, it's more niche appeal than mainstream, but it's a great, great piece of work, way above Groove Coaster or that Gamevil title whose name escapes me. (I like both of those games very much, but I'm not about to start humming their soundtracks in the shower any time soon.)
01-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Groove Coaster, while fun, had the most inappropriate music for a rhythm game ever.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-14-2012, 08:00 AM
this game... made my 11pm to 6am shift... go fast as hell...

Loving this game so damn much!

*adds to iOS favorites on my sig*

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone
01-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I played, I liked.
01-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Such an awesome, awesome game. It might be silly to call this game a favorite in such a short amount of time, but I'm with Drexiel here...this is never leaving my device.

I'm honestly hoping it does manage to stay "pure" with updates. Since the price is being increased, hopefully that means we won't be bombarded with IAPs for new songs, and we'll just get free updates. *crosses fingers*

01-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm surprised at this game, strong visual design and decent core gameplay. Also, I love it when music games score in percents rather than stacking combos unless they have 'fever mode' or something.

I have a few problems with it though:

1. Timing. The timing for some notes are off by a quite a bit at times, or you can still get a perfect, yet not have the bar line up with the center of the circle. It's a little more clear when you play with the click on.

2. Level designs - As far as I've play, there's a fairly weak integration of slides and holds, with the same general patterns for the taps. The forced symmetry is a little bland, but if that's the developer's choice, so be it. In addition, there's been more than once I've hit a hold in the top middle of the screen and have my hands cover up the next notes at the bottom. It's a minor issues though.

3. Difficulty - Not sure about their highest, but 7 is still really easy (for me)

4. Some crashing on my 4th Gen iTouch

I really would like to see the timing of the notes fixed; it's rather bothersome at times.

Last edited by Synthesyze; 01-14-2012 at 09:22 AM.
01-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm very... VERY disappointed now....

I have the Sony MDR-NC7 Noise Cancelling Headphones (These)

Thing is... these headphones have a Noise Cancel option that works via switch... I CAN'T play with Noise Cancel ON, which turns up the bass by a lot and makes everything sound better D:

I have to turn the Noise Cancel/bass off T__T or it crashes the app when songs are starting, or in the middle of a song is I turn the switch on after the song started

What's the point of using headphones if i can't use the Bass on, specially on a music game

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone

Last edited by Drexiel; 01-14-2012 at 09:19 AM.
01-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Hmmm, struggling with the hard patterns. Triplets are really not coming out right on this touchscreen, and when I'm bombarded with notes the flaws in the UI get more frustrating. I'm thinking you're supposed to hit one colour when the slide's going up, and the other when it's on the way down, but sometimes it feels like that works, sometimes like I'm misreading it.

Still loving the music, though, and when the patterns click it feels great. I don't like to tempt fate but I would strongly consider laying out for IAPs for this, depending on how good the songs were or how much the devs charged - my main reservation is not over paying for DLC (I am prepared to do that for the right game), it's how... permanent the purchases are? I've already seen the complaints over Jubeat and Konami making people pay for IAPs multiple times, and while I like this game, I don't like it quite that much.