★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Age of Barbarians :

A Barbarian's village has been destroyed by the Dark Lord and now you must embark on a journey for revenge.

Current version support retina display device as iphone4, iphone4s, itouch4
(for ipad/ipad2, you need to buy the HD version)

Amazing Single-Player Journey

Features stunning 3D characters and captivating environments beautifully rendered in HD (Hi-Definition) graphics. Powered by the Unity3D game engine, this game brings to life an amazing adventure, set in a savage and treacherous world. Explore different worlds, fight off hordes of enemies and overcome the boss at end of each level to progress.

SIMPLE TAP & SWIPE CONTROLS

The game features innovative simple and intuitive controls. You can fully control your character with simple TAP & SWIPE your finger, for example:

RUN : tap on left/right to run in that direction

JUMP : double tap on screen to jump

ATTACK: swipe on a monster to attack

virtual sticks added, you can switch the control style in options

Build Up Your Character

Upgrade your character and unlock the mighty Barbarian feats such as as RAGE ATTACK, LEAP ATTACK, BARBARIAN RUSH, BATTLE CRY, EARTHQUAKE, and BATTLE FURY in the game.

Get ready to unleash your rage now !

FAQ:
if your device crash when run the game, try restart your device to free up the memory

goiMot's comments:

01-13-2012, 09:18 PM
version1.1 just out on appstore, *** virtual sticks added in v1.1***

for user of other countries you can try the following link

http://itunes.apple.com/app/age-of-barbarians/id488573703?ls=1&mt=8

current version, fully tested on iphone4, iphone4s, ipod touch4

*** current version only support retina display device ***

for ipad1/ipad2, you need to download the HD version

Last edited by HugoTTT; 01-28-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: update version status

01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Excellent -- been waiting for this one. Will leave early impressions as soon as I can.
01-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow

This Game looks friggin amazing.

Insta buy for me.
01-13-2012, 09:25 PM
The video shows gameplay on an iPad yet this is not universal and there doesn't appear to be an iPad version. What gives?
01-13-2012, 09:30 PM
No GC support!?! *weeps softly*

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Game Impressions

I TOFTT =D
Heres some quick impressions

The game runs nice and fluid with responsive touch controls
good graphics =D

WARNING WARNING!! The game screen is all cut off. It looks like its WAYYY to big for the ipod 3rd gen and 4th gen. You cant read the stuff on the side

i reccomend holding off until they fix this because you cant even press special attacks while playing either because they are all cut off.

Seriously, dont buy until its fixed if you own an ipod 3rd or 4th gen. i cant speak for ipad because i dont own one.

Last edited by eAdvisory; 01-13-2012 at 09:41 PM.
01-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
I TOFTT =D

good graphics =D

WARNING WARNING!! The game screen is all cut off. It looks like its WAYYY to big for the ipod 3rd gen and 4th gen. You cant read the stuff on the side

i reccomend holding off until they fix this because you cant even press special attacks while playing either because they are all cut off.

Seriously, dont buy until its fixed if you own an ipod 3rd or 4th gen. i cant speak for ipad because i dont own one.
thxs eAdvisory, we will take a look on ipod issue, our test machine ipod4th with ios 5.0.1 runs fine
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
No GC support!?! *weeps softly*
we will add GC support in next major update
01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
I TOFTT =D

good graphics =D

Same issue on a 3GS, 4.2.1. Not able to test it on anything else at the moment. It's like the game screen size is too large for the iPhone screen resulting in chunks cropped on all sides in the menus. Game crashed before I could see a gameplay screen.