★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Basketball Physics [free]

01-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Basketball Physics [free]

Basketball Physics is basketball game which is little different than most of this genre. We wanted to renew control system for this genre. Our control system you really need to throw ball yourself and try to get ball in the basket. Control system can be little tricky at first, but after you are familiar with it you can reach 60-80% accuracy or even more.

[Control system]
You can control ball only throw area, which start little above fence and go to bottom of screen. This way you can't drag ball too high or you lose control to ball. You can throw ball directly by swipe or use spin control to throw the ball, which increasing throwing accuracy. You have to make small spin movement (fast enough that you can see ball little bit under your finger) by your finger and release ball at right time that ball flying to the basket. Better use your thumbs on this.

We are appreciate all your feedback. Is this control system too difficult for you, how quickly your learn it and etc...

appstore game is free

List of our current and upcoming games found our site

Follow us on facebook

or
01-14-2012, 05:22 PM
This game has potential

I enjoyed this game enough to pay 99 cents to remove the ads, but a few changes would make this more enjoyable and more likely to earn high ratings in the App Store:

1. Remove the ugly words and terrible drawings of cheerleaders from the white horizontal area across the bottom of the screen, and replace them with a textured background and graphics that resemble a basketball gym or arena. I like the simplicity of the look and dynamics of this game, but its graphics are a bit too simple.

2. The graphical and physics treatments for the basketball and the nets are well done, but the rest of the graphic design is unprofessional and boring.

3. I haven't been able to figure out the "spin" method for shooting the ball. This needs to be explained in the Help section. I do like the basic flick motion dynamic which creates just the right amount of challenge in shooting (except for longer 3-point shots, which I address in item 6 below)

4. The game should keep track of wins/losses vs. the CPU.

5. The type face is ugly and cheapens the appearance of the game.

6. The baskets should be placed at a higher point. They are so low that shooting longer (3-point) shots is much too difficult; because of this, three-point shots often strike the rim of the opponents basket.
01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We will try to fix those things and if anybody else have any other succestions then please tell us. We will start to make update for the game.

I will make and add youtube video link today where I play the game, so it's easier to see how to spin control working.
01-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Okay, here is small gameplay video of the game. On video I show how spin control working, this was little trickier behind the camera, but I was able to makes some scores.

Gameplay video shows the new graphics of the game, hopefully this will please the more. Video is little blurry, because my camera is not good enough for this kind of recording.

We start to make now statistic system for the game, so we could release update as soon as possible.

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Version 1.1 is out now!

- updated graphics (first post and video contains current state of graphics)
- added some statistic information
- more detailed help information

Hopefully everybody likes the changes! Feedback is always welcome!