★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Perfect Balance: Inferno (more physics balancing for iPhone & iPod Touch)

05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Perfect Balance: Inferno (more physics balancing for iPhone & iPod Touch)

Hi!

The second Perfect Balance game for iPhone called "Perfect Balance: Inferno" is almost ready. It has 120 totally new levels, never seen before in any of the Perfect Balance games, and new elements (not just new shapes, but new gameplay elements). We still need to finalize the graphics, the ending, and reorder the levels, so the game should be out in two weeks or sooner. Will also cost the same 0.99$ that Harmony costs.

For more info, news and the flash version of the game, please check out our www-site: http://www.ttursas.com

We'll also update Harmony right after Inferno is submitted to Apple, so don't worry about that. And here are some work-in-progress teaser pictures...

If you haven't tried out Harmony yet, here's a link to the Lite version on App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314131280&mt=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PBiP-Inferno-WIP-2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	3668   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBiP-Inferno-WIP-3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	3669  

Last edited by ttursas; 05-11-2009 at 05:22 PM.
05-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Instant purchase.
Harmony was a huge pleasure to finish...
Congrats.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

05-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Looks great!

Where's the blood from the online version though?

I enjoyed Harmony so this on should be awesome, I can't wait!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Instant purchase.
Harmony was a huge pleasure to finish...
Congrats.
Thanks! I'm sure you'll like Inferno as the levels are harder and more varied.
05-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
Looks great!

Where's the blood from the online version though?

I enjoyed Harmony so this on should be awesome, I can't wait!
Oh yes, there will be blood, and something else nasty that's not in the flash version. The iPhone Inferno will also be scarier than the flash Inferno... And the future updates will bring more horror!
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh wow, this looks most excellent. Definitely looking forward to this one now. 40 more levels than Harmony, new game elements ... my productivity is going to go right down the crapper.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-10-2009, 02:46 AM
YES!!! Great news indeed!
I hope there's still bonus game in Inferno! I completed all 80 Harmony levels in a couple of days but now I've been playing the bonus ball mode since then and my total is 482 at the moment. Would be nice to hear results from the other players. Some kind of global scoreboard would be cool too!
05-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Oh wow, this looks most excellent. Definitely looking forward to this one now. 40 more levels than Harmony, new game elements ... my productivity is going to go right down the crapper.
Sorry about that. And if we manage, we'll add more levels via updates, to both Harmony and Inferno, later.

Also, I'm not sure about this idea, just came into my mind, but we have a level editor written in flash that we use to create flash and iPhone levels. Would there be any point in releasing the editor as a free tool, and people could send us their levels, and we'd make level packs out of the best levels? What do you guys think about this?
05-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisret66 View Post
YES!!! Great news indeed!
I hope there's still bonus game in Inferno! I completed all 80 Harmony levels in a couple of days but now I've been playing the bonus ball mode since then and my total is 482 at the moment. Would be nice to hear results from the other players. Some kind of global scoreboard would be cool too!
Let's say Inferno has all the things Harmony has, but only more and better. XD

482 is an awesome score! Congrats! My score is much less, but then again I've spent most of my free time working on Inferno...

If we manage to do a global scoreboard, then we'll do it! Sounds like a great idea! But before that we'll add another scoring system to Harmony and Inferno via updates. Just need some time to figure out the best way to do it...
05-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttursas View Post
also, i'm not sure about this idea, just came into my mind, but we have a level editor written in flash that we use to create flash and iphone levels. Would there be any point in releasing the editor as a free tool, and people could send us their levels, and we'd make level packs out of the best levels? What do you guys think about this?
ab-so-lute-ly!!!

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox