★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Endgame: Singularity II - (by r6 appz) [Universal]

01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Endgame: Singularity II - (by r6 appz) [Universal]

01-17-2012, 03:53 AM
I haven't played too much into it, around 20 minutes, but i'm enjoying it and soon discovered that stealth is an absolute neccesity (spelt right?). I have one question though; you can only host servers early on, or hack a computer, can we do anything else as we progress our research and what is the objective of the game?

The way i read the intro it hinted that we could get into space.

01-17-2012, 03:59 AM
Is this like uplink or is it an rts?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
Is this like uplink or is it an rts?
Not so much an RTS because you can pause time while you do stuff, but some things take time to complete.

The sliders (YAY SLIDERS) are a bit glitchy and when you press and go to scroll it sets the sliders -.-
01-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Just bought it. Post back some impressions later.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 01-17-2012 at 01:18 PM.
01-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Game Impressions

Hi, i've just completed the game and i have a few things playing on my mind.

1. The sliders/UI are very awkward when you use them, sometimes.

2. The humans seem to detect/find your covert bases way too easily, even with all the upgrades.

3. The game is hard to beat, even on normal. This is mainly because of the above. When one base if found it snowballs and tends not to stop.

4. The game is stupidly addictive. I <3

5. Some of the costs of the technology or research doesnt quite make sense: Step 1 of some research will take 10,000 CPU and 5000 cash but the next step needs 80,000 CPU and 120,000 cash.

6. Even with 1million CPU in my CPU pool some of my bases fell into disrepair, i only had 5 bases.

7. In the early parts of the game it seems like everyone is onto you regardless of what happens, i researched advanced stealth and moments later 3-4 of my datacentres were found >.>

All in all, its a great game! It just needs tweaking in certain parts and it'll be a definate reccomend for me!

Great work guys.
01-18-2012, 05:15 AM
I played this for a short time last night (will try and play some more Today) but I think it needs a tutorial or some kind of beginners guide as I was totally lost when I started. I've no idea why I'm using sliders (Sliders thats how we roll here) and what represented my total CPU and mone.
Hoping that it will just start to make sense and fall into place the more I play.

I'd agree about the sliders not always working properly. Sometimes it tries to scroll the screen instead.
01-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Right. Well after finally figuring out what I'm doing this is looking like a pretty fun game. I like the whole hacker type genre.
It's all about building as reaserching new things and trying not to be caught. Its hard to explain. But it's well worth a look for 69p if your even slightly interested. Just be aware that your first couple of games will probably be confusing if you have never played something like this before.

For me the one thing that it's missing is a record or scoreboard of your best plays. Like how many days you lasted, or how much money you earned. Something like that. Because right now there's nothing just play fail and start again.
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Just manged to contact the dev. And he says he's working on a update to fix stability issuse, that should be ready soon (maybe the end of the week) and that he's considering gamecentre/openfeint and some other things for future updates.
02-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello guys,
I'm the one responsible for the port;
first of all thanks for feedback and for playing; I had no idea that the game has even its own thread on toucharcade ( not very big, but anyway.. and even youtube gameplay video.. I'm glad you like it...

I plan to add some kind of tutorial / game tips / more thorough explanation to ease the 'learning curve' for new players
for example, @trundley: it is not 'gathering' game where the more money/resources player has the more (costly) structures/bases should be built..
in general 2-3 bases with the best techs player can afford should be active at a time to not raise suspicion too high, but to continue with research..

I'm also aware it needs better balancing mainly later on to the game ( such as not proportional increase of cost/s mentioned.. )

I hope to use new Unity gui system -- which should arrive soon -- so it should be hopefully more responsive ( sliders, i'm looking at you, too

cheerz & thanks for playing!