★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

An Unreal Engine game by Gameloft coming in Q1 2012!

01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
An Unreal Engine game by Gameloft coming in Q1 2012!

Pocketgamer article: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...ws.asp?c=36981

Quote:
Pocket Gamer's very own Will Wilson has managed to get a sneak peek at Gameloft's forthcoming first Unreal Engine 3-powered game running on Apple's iPad.

Unfortunately, all information on the game is currently under embargo, meaning we'll be hanged, drawn, and quartered if we reveal any juicy details whatsoever.

We can, however, tell you that the mysterious title will hit the App Store sometime during the first quarter of this year. An Android version of the game is yet to be confirmed.

According to the terms of a long-term licensing deal Gameloft signed with Epic Games, the French publisher was expected to produce four titles powered by Epic's impressive engine. This means there are still another two titles to look forward to.
Good news guys, eh? And if it's Unreal, I doubt(or at least hope) it will be a freemium game! No more info yet as it's under embargo, but I still can't wait

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM
£5 says it's freemium.

Currently playing; Infinity Blade 2, Whale Trail, Tiny Wings, Where's my Water?, Junk Jack, iBlast Moki 2 HD and Bike Baron.

Remember, tomorrow's another day! GC/OF: SuperSah

01-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I'd say NOVA 3. I wouldn't bet on it beign freemium though, at least i hope it won't be.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSah View Post
£5 says it's freemium.
I would take that bet, if it weren't for the whole I-don't-know-you-from-a-hole-in-the-wall thing.
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
£5 says it's freemium.
Need to up vote this. Forgots he's not on Reddit.
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
wait wait wait. What was their first unReal game?

The article quote says that Gameloft Licensed 4 Unreal Games. This is the first one I've heard of thats coming out. Meaning they will have 3 more to make. But the article states 2...
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcā View Post
wait wait wait. What was their first unReal game?

The article quote says that Gameloft Licensed 4 Unreal Games. This is the first one I've heard of thats coming out. Meaning they will have 3 more to make. But the article states 2...
One was canceled (March of heroes)

01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
£5 says it's freemium.
I'd kill them if it is!

(not really ofcouse, highly metaphorical ofcouse)

One should think they'd learned that lessen with the last three games (urban crime, six-guns and dungeon hunter 3) flopping completely and all three being freemiums, people just don't want freemiums! That's it! And I for one can understand that, I was SOOOO disappointed with dungeon hunter 3 and six-guns I had really looked forward to them, especially dungeon hunter 3 witch they completely ruined! Shame on you gameloft for making such cra*!!!!

Disclaimer: these are my own opinions explicitly!
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I'd say NOVA 3. I wouldn't bet on it beign freemium though, at least i hope it won't be.
I wouldn't be so sure. They've taken some of their better series and turned them into freemium games. Look at Dungeon Hunter 3 and Urban Crime (which is obviously in the same vein as Gangstar).

At this point I would be shocked if Gameloft put out an actual game and not a freemium one, but I suppopose I'll hope for the best.
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx882 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. They've taken some of their better series and turned them into freemium games. Look at Dungeon Hunter 3 and Urban Crime (which is obviously in the same vein as Gangstar).

At this point I would be shocked if Gameloft put out an actual game and not a freemium one, but I suppopose I'll hope for the best.
Yeah i know, it's mostly wishful thinking on my part, but I just hope they realize the mistake they're making by going only freemium...