Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Debating...
How could you not add this to your "ton of retro games" ?!?

It's good.

Makes me wish I had an iCade...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
How could you not add this to your "ton of retro games" ?!?

It's good.

Makes me wish I had an iCade...
IDK...

I keep going iOS broke every week, so I've been looking for every little excuse to buy one game over the other. It's on my wishlist, and I'll probably end up getting it because Minotron was awesome!

I guess I kinda know.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The game seems fun, but so far it hasn't had the one more go factor for me. In fact twice I've started a game and not finished it. Upping the difficulty helped, though, and I finally finished a game. Still, I didn't play another right away. I guess the verdict is still out for me.

On a related note, I don't think the game saves its state, or at least when I went back into it later, I had to start over - I couldn't continue my game. If its still in multitasking memory I guess you are good, but not if it isn't any more.

Last edited by crunc; 01-18-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Sorry, I ment trusting. I think it would be essentially better to have trusting and steering at the bottom, like in the video.
I have had to adjust to the controls somewhat for every Llamasoft game, but each time I've eventually found that I love them. I'm trying to get there with this one, but I must admit, I agree with you right now.

What I really wish it had was GoatUp style controls--tilt to move and touch anywhere to thrust. It would be tough to get the tilt to move right, I think, but it is about as perfect as it get in GoatUp so I feel pretty sure they could get it just right for this one as well.

Still a very cool game, but I'd rate it lower in their echelon of releases at the moment.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
What I really wish it had was GoatUp style controls--tilt to move and touch anywhere to thrust.
on some later levels on higher difficulty the game needs a lot of precision and that does not work with current controls, tilt would be much better. or maybe a button for thrust and relative touch controls like in cave shumps, but that would make maybe the game too easy.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Every Llamasoft game seems to have controls so intuitive that I need time to realize they're better than whatever I was hoping for.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
iPhone 5s

there is a really great thing in this game, it saves you best score for levels, so basically if you dont want to start with first easy levels you can continue from higher level with a best score you achieved so far till this level. there are of course some other games who use similar approach, like minigore. some have such powerups which costs some ingame currency, thus forcing you to grind or to buy iaps, like jetpack joyride. but usually problem of many highscore based games is that they are too easy in the begining and the progression is quite slow. in this game there is very good solution for that. would be cool to have the such kind of system in goatup for example.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I played again last night, this time with an iControlPad, and liked it more. I'm not sure it has to do with the controls, so much, as that I just seemed to enjoy that playthrough more this time. I guess it's growing on me.

One thing I finally realized is that tilt is used to aim your shots. I was finding that my shots were all going to the right, and then I realized it was because the way I had my iPad propped up, it was leaning to the right! This tilt to steer your shots things goes out the window when you're using an iCP or iCade, but truthfully I'm not sure it adds too much anyway. I played better with it just shooting straight down.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
Every Llamasoft game seems to have controls so intuitive that I need time to realize they're better than whatever I was hoping for.
My thoughts exactly although I'm still struggling with GoatUp but I haven't given it many attempts yet.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Minter said on twitter there's a point update coming:

Quote:
OK, done a little point update. Lets people select left/right controls as well as top/bottom on iphone, adds "tilt buttons" on iCade.
https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/sta...51395003826180

I'm not exactly sure what he means - will the iPhone have the option to have left right and thrust at the bottom, or is he just saying you'll be able to swap their positions (so thrust at bottom, left/right at top)?