★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Launch Sale: 4.99 1.99 in limited time

Age of Barbarians HD:

A Barbarian's village has been destroyed by the Dark Lord and now you must embark on a journey for revenge.

Amazing Single-Player Journey

Features stunning 3D characters and captivating environments beautifully rendered in HD (Hi-Definition) graphics. Powered by the Unity3D game engine, this game brings to life an amazing adventure, set in a savage and treacherous world. Explore different worlds, fight off hordes of enemies and overcome the boss at end of each level to progress.

SIMPLE TAP & SWIPE CONTROLS

The game features innovative simple and intuitive controls. You can fully control your character with simple TAP & SWIPE your finger, for example:

RUN : tap on left/right to run in that direction

JUMP : double tap on screen to jump

ATTACK: swipe on a monster to attack

Build Up Your Character

Upgrade your character and unlock the mighty Barbarian feats such as as RAGE ATTACK, LEAP ATTACK, BARBARIAN RUSH, BATTLE CRY, EARTHQUAKE, and BATTLE FURY in the game.

Get ready to unleash your rage now !

FAQ:
if your device crash when run the game, try restart your device to free up the memory

HugoTTT's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

finally Age of Barbarians HD out on appstore, it will be 0.99usd a special sales for 3 days, get a copy today

01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Well I grabbed it.

Looks beautiful and gameplay is innovating. However I feel like the controls are clunky since the first map seems hard for me. The monsters easily hit me. But maybe I need more practice.

Thanks.

GC: Rancub
Currently playing: Battleheart: Legacy

01-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdan View Post
Well I grabbed it.

Looks beautiful and gameplay is innovating. However I feel like the controls are clunky since the first map seems hard for me. The monsters easily hit me. But maybe I need more practice.

Thanks.
thxs for ur feedback, we will add a virtual sticks in coming update, so u can have fun from both control style
01-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Great price !! Grabbet it .
01-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Awesome thanks HugoTTT!!!

Amazing trip In a mystical land!!!
The game looks great the gameplay it's innovating and challenging!!!
If you r a fan of Conan the barbarian this is a must have

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

Last edited by master lee; 01-18-2012 at 04:03 AM.
01-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Getting it so I can create a HD Gameplay Trailer about it in the upcoming Hours. I overall did liked the iPhone Version so I`m sure will like the iPad Version too.

I`m specially looking forward to see if the Control System was tweaked yet. Will report back with the usual Feedback as soon as I can.
01-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Looks great. Why no Game Center?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-18-2012, 10:30 AM
After reading the relatively glowing reviews for the iphone version, I was intrigued and waited for and finally bought the game. While the graphics are pretty nice, the swipe-mechanics are inaccurate and over all, "meh". I have several games that require swiped movements (the Infinity Blade series, Silverfish, Epoch, etc) but this game makes my index finger hurt. Additionally, the translation of the movements from simple swipes is inaccurate and imprecise. For example, in the Goblin level 1-3 (?), there is a crate that I need to move over in order to leap onto the elevated precipice and exit the level. However, after disposing of the baddies, when I pushed the crate over to the right, it got stuck on top of a stone. It took me the better part of 10-15 minutes trying to get the dang crate off of the stone! I kept pushing and hopping until I was able to unseat it from the stone. These are minor initial release niggles that I'm sure can be dealt with and I look forward to a better gameplay experience in future builds.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 01-18-2012 at 10:33 AM.
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
01-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
After reading the relatively glowing reviews for the iphone version, I was intrigued and waited for and finally bought the game. While the graphics are pretty nice, the swipe-mechanics are inaccurate and over all, "meh". I have several games that require swiped movements (the Infinity Blade series, Silverfish, Epoch, etc) but this game makes my index finger hurt. Additionally, the translation of the movements from simple swipes is inaccurate and imprecise. For example, in the Goblin level 1-3 (?), there is a crate that I need to move over in order to leap onto the elevated precipice and exit the level. However, after disposing of the baddies, when I pushed the crate over to the right, it got stuck on top of a stone. It took me the better part of 10-15 minutes trying to get the dang crate off of the stone! I kept pushing and hopping until I was able to unseat it from the stone. These are minor initial release niggles that I'm sure can be dealt with and I look forward to a better gameplay experience in future builds.
sorry to hear that, we will add a virtual sticks in the coming major update, and we are busy on coding it now