★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MINO - Online Tetris ($2.99)

05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
MINO - Online Tetris ($2.99)

[App Store Link, 2.99]

Quote:
XIO INTERACTIVE proudly presents MINO!

**Opening Sale: Be one of our first 1,000 users and get MINO for only $2.99!**

This Tetromino game has the fast-paced, line-clearing features of individual gameplay, plus an innovative NETWORK game mode that pits players against each other in real-time competition.

Experiment with input options and see what you like best: TAP, TWO-FINGER TAP, FLICK-UP, FLICK-DOWN and DRAG.
Train your way to a top score!
Jam to our all-new, original music tracks!

Single Player Game Modes:

STANDARD MODE- Keep up the pace as each Tetromino piece drops with increasing speed! Rest assured you can use your SLOW button to calm things down.

GLACIER MODE- Battle against the clock as garbage lines flood your board and test your MINO agility! Only the best can survive the onslaught! Hit the FREEZE button when you need a break.

Multi-Player Game Features:

Want to See How Good You Really Are?
For the first time on the mobile platform, engage other users in head-to-head Tetromino competition! Send lines of garbage to your opponent while clearing your own board! Hit STEALTH to hide your board and block the receipt of garbage. Rack up points to climb up the global HIGH SCORES chart!

Feeling Social?
JOIN A ROOM to play up to four other players and chat with thousands of other MINO fans. Want to see how the pros do it? Sit back and hit WATCH to view current games in progress.

**Update your iPhone and iPod touch to Version 2.2 before downloading MINO**

MINO IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH TETRIS® OR THE TETRIS COMPANY

Last edited by theone1007; 05-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
like all the game modes. Anyone tried it? Hows the gameplay and music?

05-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Glad you added stuff to your post because it was just the link at first. I saw this but I have the feeling a price drop is inevitable so I will wait. Sniped for now.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
05-09-2009, 10:24 PM
If you're intrigued by this title, make sure you get it now, as the Tetris folks will pressure the AppStore again to have this removed.
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehuge View Post
If you're intrigued by this title, make sure you get it now, as the Tetris folks will pressure the AppStore again to have this removed.
I thought of that but with it being an online tetris game if it gets removed the community would be really small.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I think they'll put this on like a 0.99 sale to increase the community.

Knowing this, I want to still see how this game is going to be... so anyone TOFTT?
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
i like the report a bug thing

this is my signature people get over it...
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
i like the report a bug thing
Yeah I saw that and thought "That can't be good"

05-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
I'll TOFTT.
Be back in a bit.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
05-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
First Impressions!

These are my imrpessions:
This game has a lot of potential. The online features are great, the play is smooth, challenging, and interesting. Everything else about this game is mediocre, however. The play is controlled in two ways. They are both implemented at the same time. There is a touch mode that is similar to EA's Tetris, yet not as fully featured, and there are some d-pad controls at the bottom of the screen. The d-pad controls feel cramped and uncomfortable, and do not have flip or a speed fall control, only fast drop. The speed fall is done by pulling your hand down the screen, as in Tetris by EA, and the flipping is done by tapping on the screen, simlar to EA's Tetris. I find the drag and drop controls best. Also, one BIG PROBLEM, you can not reserve tetriminos! That's ridiculous that they did not include this into the gameplay, a tetris feature I use to no end. The graphics are alright, not the best of their kind, and the sound effects, while obviously meant to impress a retro style, are slightly annoying. The menu's are clean and crisp, one nice thing about the game, and the music is ok, not as annoying as the sound effects. If they fixed the controls and the "no reserve", this game would be great, a fully featured replacement for my already purchased tetris game.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.