Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2012, 02:46 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Its a shame we havent heard back from the Devs so they know what we want.

Is there a way to change what skins we can use for our characters, i noticed, in practice, that the guy with the katana (forgot name) has a nice japanese style 2nd skin i'd like to use.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post

Is there a way to change what skins we can use for our characters, i noticed, in practice, that the guy with the katana (forgot name) has a nice japanese style 2nd skin i'd like to use.
Yeah... Mitsurugi has a wicked alternate costume. But Nightmare is still my favorite.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

No iCade support, no sale
Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Highlight the character you want to play as and then tap his/her picture and then select them like you would normally.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Yeah I'm waiting to hear on multiplayer. If its on the way without a doubt I'd pay 2x+ this launch price. Otherwise I'll pass. iOS extremely competitive and they need to realize that.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Been playing this game on my iPhone 4 for the past 24 hours, (never played it before), and I gotta say it's truly awesome! At first I wasn't sure if it was better than Blades of Fury, but the more I've played it the better I've realized it is. Especially now that I've unlocked several characters and new locations. This is easily the best 3D fighter on the app store, and one of the best period. Any fan of Volt, King of Fighters-I, Bruce Lee, MK, or any fighting game needs to own Soul Calibur now. Easily worth the $12.

I'd like to see multiplayer added, but it only matters to me if it's online. Volt is the only fighter that offers this, so Soul Calibur is no different to me than the other fighters without online playability. It would be amazing to see this added though. I'd also like to see iCade compatibility, even though it won't work with my iPad 1. Regardless, this is an excellent game.

Now bring on Tekken and Virtua Fighter!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Been playing this game on my iPhone 4 for the past 24 hours, (never played it before), and I gotta say it's truly awesome! At first I wasn't sure if it was better than Blades of Fury, but the more I've played it the better I've realized it is. Especially now that I've unlocked several characters and new locations. This is easily the best 3D fighter on the app store, and one of the best period. Any fan of Volt, King of Fighters-I, Bruce Lee, MK, or any fighting game needs to own Soul Calibur now. Easily worth the $12.

I'd like to see multiplayer added, but it only matters to me if it's online. Volt is the only fighter that offers this, so Soul Calibur is no different to me than the other fighters without online playability. It would be amazing to see this added though. I'd also like to see iCade compatibility, even though it won't work with my iPad 1. Regardless, this is an excellent game.

Now bring on Tekken and Virtua Fighter!
Technically there is a port of Virtua Fighter 2.

I'll probably pick this up as I love SC, but right now I have too many games on my ipod and far too little time to play them. I don't mind the price, but if it drops before I get around to it then all the better.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Gladly. I spent $15 on this and JAZZ with a smile on my face. You know why? Because I spent that money on 2 games that do not have a single mother****ing IAP in them.

It's that whole "if we can play 12 games for $0.99 on the App Store, why should we pay $12 for this/ehhh, $2.99? I'll wait for it to drop to $0.99" notion that is turning the App Store into nothing more than a huge pit of freemium vomit and diarrhea.

I'll say it again: This is ****ing SoulCalibur in your pocket...and not some watered down version like Street Fighter and/or King of Fighters. If people would stop complaining about the $12 and just make this a success, Namco would go "Uhhh...ummm...people like our game? HEY, HERE'S AN IDEA! Let's add online multiplayer so they like it even more!"In the end, I definitely agree that this would be a much easier purchase at something between $6.99 to $9.99, but hey...what can we do? For me...the nostalgia was worth $11.99.

Also, where are the price discussion cops? Shouldn't all these posts complaining about the price (this included) be moved?

EDIT: From Pocketgamer...
Whoa whoa... now slow down there sonny jim, "watered down" Street Fighter may be, but at least Capcom haven't lost sight of the playability aspect. SF Volt is still an incredibly popular and fun game on iOS especially with the online multiplayer mode. All you have to do is just look at the lively thread on here and the best part of it is that most of us only paid a couple of dollars/pounds for it and we get an app thats regularly updated. I pretty much play it every day. Thats what I call value for money. All we need now is a few more characters to add to the roster to make SF Volt even more awesome!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, a lot of these other fighters, like Soulcalibur need to offer a lot more if they want stick out on the app store and not fade away like KOF. Especially if you are cheekily slapping on a price tag of $13!

Last edited by OutSpoken; 01-20-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by operaguy2112 View Post
Technically there is a port of Virtua Fighter 2.

I'll probably pick this up as I love SC, but right now I have too many games on my ipod and far too little time to play them. I don't mind the price, but if it drops before I get around to it then all the better.
That Virtual Fighter port is a lazy ass Sega Emulated Genesis game that is even poorly emulated for a Genesis game... After playing with this port, I still can see why SFIV MAYBE isn't but there's no excuse for a Model 2 or even Saturn port of Virtual Fighter 2, if not 3. I Guarantee we will see a decent Tekken 3 or Tekken Tag 1 port on iOS before A real Virtual Fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSpoken View Post
Whoa whoa... now slow down there sonny jim, "watered down" Street Fighter may be, but at least Capcom haven't lost sight of the playability aspect. SF Volt is still an incredibly popular and fun game on iOS especially with the online multiplayer mode. All you have to do is just look at the lively thread on here and the best part of it is that most of us only paid a couple of dollars/pounds for it and we get an app thats regularly updated. I pretty much play it every day. Thats what I call value for money. All we need now is a few more characters to add to the roster to make SF Volt even more awesome!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, a lot of these other fighters, like Soulcalibur need to offer a lot more if they want stick out on the app store and not fade away like KOF. Especially if you are cheekily slapping on a price tag of $13!
TBH I don't see too many more characters that'll work with Volt's engine... Maybe Hakan, and possibly Dudley and Seth, but if there is one thing I want for volt is SFIV HD's visuals from the Android version. I'm satisfied with the gameplay, but if my Nexus S can run SFIV at the framerate it's going, then I'm sure my IPad 2 can kick it's ass....
Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

No iCade support, huh? That would definitely convince me to pick it up again, but I think I'll skip out as I can't imagine playing this game on a touch screen.