Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 AM
In Time-Out
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
I know someone always says this, and someone always has to come in with the same answer, but what the hell - emulation doesn't work that way, unfortunately. If you're making machine B pretend to be machine A, you need B to be much, much more powerful than A was to do a good job. Games consoles especially have dedicated, custom-built hardware inside, and certain games might be written in very specific ways to take advantage of that hardware, all of which can make it very difficult to get even a powerful PC to imitate them. It takes a hell of a lot of speed to run a PS2 emulator effectively, for example.
A far more intelligent and appreciated reply than the one I quoted above. Cheers.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 PM

Will there ever be multiplayer? Because I paid $14 and I love the game but it doesn't feel like I'm getting my full money's worth
Old 02-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
Don't be a cock.

This is based off the XBLA version which is identical to the Dreamcast original.

If the Dreamcast with it's spec could run the game at 60 fps then the iPhone 4 should too.
Firstly, chill Winston. Secondly, it is not identical to the dreamcast version at all. It was rewritten for xbla, and is significantly improved. Repeat, it is not the version from the dreamcast. Stop telling people it is.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm hearing the xbla version doesn't have multi so I would imagine a special feature for the iOS version to be very unlikely. Don't want to rain on the parade but that's how it seems. And I bought it on first day also. Had I known the source version of this game didn't have multi I may have waited. Heck I thought this game was made specifically for ios only.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post
Stop complaining about online multiplayer. SF4 didn't have online mode either when it first came out and it took them 1 year to finally deliver online mp.

iSF4 also has dumbed down, ugly 2D sprites taken from the great 3D graphics of other versions. iPhone 4S is more powerful than 3DS so there's no excuse for Capcom except laziness (plus excluding larger audience, but all newer games already do this without problem).

Then let's not forget than even the XBLA version of SoulCalibur has no online multiplayer, so I doubt it's coming to iPhone.

But I still hope local multiplayer, story and challenge modes make it to the game.

ps: I'm not bashing SF4, I bought SF4 on first day amidst concerns the controls won't work just to show Capcom support for bringing a big franchise to iOS. I love the game so much and bought all DLCs to keep supporting Capcom. SF4 Volt is even better, but I just wanna give another perspective to the matter.
You should probably read my post again.

If you do, and find ANY traces of complaints over or criticism at SoulCalibur's lack of online multiplayer (as opposed to factual statements, such as that I would probably play the game more often if it had online capabilities, or personal opinions, such as that SFIV Volt offers more value to the dollars thanks to the online mode, which is not criticism of SC, but praise of SFIV Volt), then I'll record and send you a video of me, dressed up as Ivy, challenging your grand master of martial arts of choice, and consequently getting thoroughly groundpounded.

I enjoy both games greatly, but when Bawis says that he is unsure what game to buy, it is hard to recommend SFIV Volt without mentioning the online mode, which is what makes SFIV the better value in my opinion (since, as you point out, SC has MUCH going for it).
Old 04-12-2012, 04:15 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks like multiplayer is finally here. SC is featured again by Apple, and if you look under the N&N list, there's a banner that says "New Multiplayer Added" on top of a SC background. Expect the update to hit tonight or tomorrow night in the US.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Looks like multiplayer is finally here. SC is featured again by Apple, and if you look under the N&N list, there's a banner that says "New Multiplayer Added" on top of a SC background. Expect the update to hit tonight or tomorrow night in the US.
YES!!!!
I'm so glad I didn't delete this with my deleting splurge 2 days ago. YAY!!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yay finally not a single player game only.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

If they add GC multiplayer I'm all over this game, local multiplayer really doesnt help me justify 15 bucks when I'm the only one I know who would pick this up.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I pray for a sale even though it says it is on sale for $14.99 but multiplayer might get me to buy it soon. I also hope for a Retina display update for the new iPad