App description: [Warning]
This application does not currently support iOS 8.

The latest entry in the SOULCALIBUR series, "SOULCALIBUR V" (PlayStation3/Xbox 360) Now on sale!!

"SOULCALIBUR" series is available on theiOS. Enjoythe memorable characters and non-stop action SOULCALIBUR is famed for with complete arcade fidelity in the comfort of your own home!

Relive the eternal tale of swords and souls transcending time and space.

19 characters in total!
All character moves faithfully recreated!

Gorgeous Retina display graphics!

This application supports iOS 4.3 or greater, for below devices:
iPhone: 4 or newer
iPod touch: late-2010 (4th gen.) model or newer.
iPad: 2 or newer

***** Game Modes *****

- ARCADE BATTLE
The original battle mode from the arcade version of "Soul Calibur." Defeat all enemies to make it to the end of the game.

-VS BATTLE
Battle an opponent over a Bluetooth connection.
Note:
"VS BATTLE" using Bluetooth cannot be used with iPod touch 4.

- TIME ATTACK
How fast can you beat the game?

- SURVIVAL
With only a limited amount of life, how many opponents can you defeat?

- EXTRA SURVIVAL
How many opponents can you can defeat with single-hit kills?

- MUSEUM
Enjoy viewing a variety of artwork.

- PRACTICE
Learn the game's basic system and techniques.

***** OTHERS *****

- Play on iPhone or iPad!!

- A virtual pad tuned for fighting games.

Note:
To unlock characters and other content, play with the settings in GAME OPTIONS set to the defaults or higher.

VS BATTLE uses Bluetooth. Please keep the following in mind:

Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices in use in the immediate area, except, of course, your opponent's device.
Turn Wi-Fi off.

On April 1st, 2015, our company changed its name from BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc." to "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

Sanuku's comments:

11-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Just picked this one up as well. I expected it to be good going on some of the impressions, but honestly, not this good!
HA!

Honestly surprised to see people buying this at that price. I've had it since launch and was expecting the usual "if it's not $0.99, I won't buy it" comments.

Enjoy it guys...worth every frickin' penny.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Just picked this one up as well. I expected it to be good going on some of the impressions, but honestly, not this good!

Yes, definately. Works like a charm on iP5 and plays fantastic. Hands down the best brawler for iOS. Hands SF, Tekken and KoF their asses over...
That's how a port has to look like.

Quote:
metalcasket:

HA!

Honestly surprised to see people buying this at that price. I've had it since launch and was expecting the usual "if it's not $0.99, I won't buy it" comments.

LOL, as I said, had a 3GS and skipped it and then got my iP5 a few weeks ago. This sale remembered me to buy it now!
I don't expect it to go down to 0.99$ soon, cause it sells very well. And it's one of Namco's flagships on iOS.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

11-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
HA!

Well, personally I picked it up going on the app's pricing track record to this point. It seemed highly unlikely it would go lower any time soon. Devs/publishers lie in beds they make for themselves generally, as most of us tend to do.
05-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Can u play as inferno in this version?
05-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0ndrag0n View Post
Can u play as inferno in this version?
Yeah, gotta unlock him tough.
06-14-2013, 04:10 AM
guys is it worthwhile to buy it? hows the speed and graphic on iPhone 5?

i guess not optimized yet right?

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power

Last edited by italodance; 06-14-2013 at 04:20 AM.
06-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
guys is it worthwhile to buy it? hows the speed and graphic on iPhone 5?
The answer is 5 posts above you.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-14-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The answer is 5 posts above you.
but is it optimized for 5?

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power
06-14-2013, 04:29 AM
I paid full price for this ages ago. Love it. I'm fine that it drops in price and that other's get to enjoy it. That said, with random drops this dramatic it's not hard to understand why people hold off and sales suffer.

I'm hoping we get widescreen and online mp for this but they don't do too much once they launch. Bring Tekken 3 with controller support and mp and I'm a happy little Vegemite

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
06-14-2013, 04:36 AM
If those apple endorsed controllers become a reality this game would be a great candidate for an update.