★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-22-2012, 10:49 AM
having fun with this

was gonna get Scramble with Friends... since i wanted to form words like if i were playing Dungeon Raid.... glad i picked this one up

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I have to admit that this is a pretty awesome game. It sucks that the leaderboards have been hacked. This is just another reason why I like GC achievements.
While we're not sure, this is probably due to a bug in the game, I first saw proof when someone tweeted this screenshot: https://twitter.com/#!/ryanmalm/stat...286016/photo/1

That multiplier would surely cause a score in the trillions.

01-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMinuteGames View Post
But this is another reason I hate GC

Little advice to our friends devs: You can set a score limit in Game Center settings in iTunes Connect, it could prevent hacking somehow ( until someone figure out what is the limit :/ )

Any chance for other languages ?
Thanks for the tip! I'm setting a limit until the update is released. This should clear out/ignore all the exploit-based scores. Not sure how long it takes to propagate, but I'm happy to make GC a fair playing field again.
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh and I didn't make the game with localization in mind (I didn't really expect the game to blow up like it did o.o) so it'll be a long while before the menus are translated.

If we do release alternate dictionaries for the game itself, those will be posted to separate leaderboards for fairness and such.
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah, great job. If the GC players list is anything to go by, you've gotten like 5k downloads in two (?) days? That's fantastic.
01-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuyop View Post
Yeah, great job. If the GC players list is anything to go by, you've gotten like 5k downloads in two (?) days? That's fantastic.
This varies. For example for Commander Pixman is ~3.5 times less players on the Game Center than downloaded games. And in other way: I've heard that many games has far more users on the GC due to piracy.

clckwrk: Good to know I could help I've seen that info on your twitter yesterday but I didn't know you've done this cause of me

About localization: I will be perfectly happy if there will be some way to upload own dictionaries? ( of course without GC in such case ) You can't of course make happy all people on the planet ( so many languages ) so this could be a way + official dictionaries for major languages.

And one more thing: Picture in Pictore should be enabled by default on iPhone. Much easier gameplay. But still it is hard to control 'tetris pieces' on small screen if there is a lot of letters ( you can't use 'letter' area to control pieces )
01-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiowu View Post
While we're not sure, this is probably due to a bug in the game, I first saw proof when someone tweeted this screenshot: https://twitter.com/#!/ryanmalm/stat...286016/photo/1

That multiplier would surely cause a score in the trillions.
I just looked at the picture, that's crazy! When I first went to GC leaderboards, I saw the big numbers and had to count twice. I was like holy crap...a trillion!

Followed you as well!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Liking PJ a lot; a few glitches, though:

- Blocks sometimes keep shaking in the drill's aftermath

- Sometimes after a big combo/bomb/hectic action/etc. letter blocks are unresponsive to touch, cannot select them

- Occasional letter overlap

- Once, a row of colored blocks suddenly appeared in the middle of four rows of letters
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM

PUZZLEJUICE
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
18/01/2012

Do you like this puzzle game that will punch our brain in the face?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Really needs GC achievements.