Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Its on sale again rofl.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 AM

I'm loving the game. But some questions:

1. I'm stuck on the objective that asks me to activate three rows at once. What does this mean?

2. What sets off a bomb, exactly?

3. Do I have any control over when I can freeze something? I don't even notice a freeze icon while I'm playing. I just suddenly get a message that things are frozen. I gather this is "free time" for me to think a bit?

4. In general, where can I find more descriptive text about objectives and powerups? Is there a game manual somewhere?

5. Also, I hadn't been paying much attention to multipliers until I saw this thread. How do they work? If I don't place a Tetris block in time, the multiplier resets to 1?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Truman View Post
1. I'm stuck on the objective that asks me to activate three rows at once. What does this mean? 2. What sets off a bomb, exactly?
I would like some answer for those two... well, the second one is (i think) making a word near it, but sometimes that didnt happen, so...
Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm loving the game. But some questions:
Happy to help!
Quote:
1. I'm stuck on the objective that asks me to activate three rows at once. What does this mean?
Basically, it's like getting a "tetris". when you have all but one column along three rows filled, then you put in a long 4length block and get those three-four rows turned to letters, then you'll complete that objective.

Quote:
2. What sets off a bomb, exactly?
if you make a row with a bomb in it or spell an exploding word near enough to the bomb block.

Quote:
3. Do I have any control over when I can freeze something? I don't even notice a freeze icon while I'm playing. I just suddenly get a message that things are frozen. I gather this is "free time" for me to think a bit?
The freezes work just like the bombs and other powerups, see my description of how bombs work for details.

Quote:
4. In general, where can I find more descriptive text about objectives and powerups? Is there a game manual somewhere?
No game manual, but the powerup screen is probably your best bet for now.

Quote:
5. Also, I hadn't been paying much attention to multipliers until I saw this thread. How do they work? If I don't place a Tetris block in time, the multiplier resets to 1?
There are a lot of things that keep your mutliplier ticking. Popping a 3-or-more colored cluster of blocks will keep your multiplier up. Spelling a word of any size. Getting a row of blocks. Powerups that explode/destroy blocks also will refresh your multiplier.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Thanks for your detailed replies, aeiowu. That answers most of my questions. If you don't mind, I have a couple follow-up question on multipliers:

1. If I don't keep the multiplier ticking, does it reset to one?

2. Does dragging a piece downward keep the multiplier ticking? Often it seems that the multiplier countdown is timed to coincide with the arrival of a new piece at the bottom of the screen. Does speeding up that arrival keep the multiplier ticking? From your post, it sounds like the answer is: no.

Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks for your detailed replies, aeiowu. That answers most of my questions. If you don't mind, I have a couple follow-up question on multipliers:

1. If I don't keep the multiplier ticking, does it reset to one?
yea, if it runs out you cash in your multiplier and it resets completely.

Quote:
2. Does dragging a piece downward keep the multiplier ticking? Often it seems that the multiplier countdown is timed to coincide with the arrival of a new piece at the bottom of the screen. Does speeding up that arrival keep the multiplier ticking? From your post, it sounds like the answer is: no.
no that shouldn't have anything to do with it, purely coincidence most likely.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Very nice game!

Loving the game.

How long was it in development for?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

asher has been working on it for awhile now, over a year I think, and I came on in mid october.

we just posted all 365 of the emails we sent each other once i came aboard to design the visuals of the game. http://aeiowu.com/365-puzzlejuice-emails-pt-1/

it's loooooooooooong. but if you're interested in taking a peek behind the scenes, there's plenty to see.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Please localize the game!

really loving the game! very well done and soo addictive! :] but i'm begging you -> PLEEEASE make localized versions of the game! (..i'm thinking of at least german, french and spanish versions..) it is just WAY to hard if you are not a native english-speaker.. i would LOVE being able to play it in GERMAN and i'm sure thousands of others would like too! ;-)
i personally am not that interested in this whole score-sharing-thing.. and i think there are plenty of others who share this opinion.. for a start, wouldn't it be possible to just force the players who want to share their scores to play in english and let the rest of the gamers play the 'challenges' in their mother-tounge..? thanks and best wishes from austria! :]
Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 PM

I'm still enjoying the game, but as my scores increase, I'm finding bugs more often. Usually they take the form of "phantom" or "ghost" letters/blocks that will not go away and can't be destroyed, Slammed away, etc. Sometimes I can repeatedly form a word with such "ghost" letters, but the letters won't go away. Sometimes I can't see a letter at all, or I see a letter when in fact there's nothing there. Finally, sometimes blocks will just stop falling altogether, always when things have gotten crowded and desperate. I'll then have time to form words and clean up the mess, but still the blocks won't fall.

My kids sees similar issues when playing on the iPhone. I'm using the iPad version.

Does the developer know of all these bugs?