★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Two Towers 1.1.1

01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Two Towers is now on the App Store!

Gameplay:
Two Towers is arcomage style game. Players have their own cards, towers, walls and resources. Each game card belongs to a certain type of resources.
Wall will protect your tower from the quick destruction. Use your cards to build your tower, damage opponent's one or collect the resources to win.
Your opponent will do his/her best to be on your way.

Genre: card, board.

Improved:
Gameplay.
Design.
AI.

Added:
User ranks.
Stakes
3 new cards
21 spells

Features:
Addictive gameplay
8 castles to play in
105 game cards
Multiplayer game
Strong AI

Screenshots:

What people say?

USA:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I love the concept of stakes in the campaign! - I previously gave the game credit for a decent take on the "Dueling Towers" genre (many of the cards force some tough choices of whether the gain is worth the price) but without any sort of stats it just felt that it was simply a matter of replaying each opponent enough times until you won and then moving onto the next one. Now that one has hard won cash on the line via the stakes system, one defeat can set you way back down the ladder as it were and gives each duel that much more importance and tension!

United Kingdom:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Mr - An analogue of Arcomage for ipad. Very nice.

Canada:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Great game, looking forward to more cards and castles.

Links:
Try the Two Towers Lite for free!*
Original Two Towers version on App Store.
You also can visit our official web site.

* Two Towers Lite version limitations:
Only 1 castle to play in
90 game cards
No stakes
No user ranks
No spells
No multiplayer game

Last edited by fireblink; 03-04-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: new title
01-18-2012, 10:06 AM
A very cool take on the classic Arcomage/Strongholds like card gameplay with many pretty original cards that force some tough decisions (like sure this card is pretty cheap and will knock your opponent's tower for 10 points...but it also will lower your tower 5, is it worth the risk?)

I also love the game's new stake system. When you beat an opponent you'll earn some prize money that can be used to buy spells (as far as I can tell they're mainly just one use boosts to resources before the match starts) or saved up to buy entrance to bouts against tougher opponents. If you could just barely afford the entrance fee to your current opponent and then lose, get ready to work you way back up the ladder to save up cash before you ever get a rematch.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

01-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Here's the initial Two Towers thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=117522

Last edited by Card; 01-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
LordGek, thanks for your feedback!

Card, we've made a lot of changes since 1.0 version. We've received a lot of feedback from users all over the world so we made a lot of improvements to the gameplay.
01-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Great explanation, LG...better than the in-game tutorial I've never played these types of games before so I was left scratching my head a few times. I suck at this game, but it is a lot of fun despite my suckish, noob play. I can't get past the second tower, or if I win and pay the five coins to fight at the next level, I lose that match and am sent back to first-castle purgatory. Overall, this is a great purchase. Love the soundtrack. I just need to get better at winning...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Great explanation, LG...better than the in-game tutorial I've never played these types of games before so I was left scratching my head a few times. I suck at this game, but it is a lot of fun despite my suckish, noob play. I can't get past the second tower, or if I win and pay the five coins to fight at the next level, I lose that match and am sent back to first-castle purgatory. Overall, this is a great purchase. Love the soundtrack. I just need to get better at winning...
Once you get enough combined wins under your belt you'll receive some free spells that might help a bit, but I myself have yet to beat the 4th guy. You realize, while I usually take the automatic promotion to immediately fight the next guy if I can afford it, you could always quit out (not out of the app, but paying to fight the next dude) and simply fight the first guy again to save up some cash.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Once you get enough combined wins under your belt you'll receive some free spells that might help a bit, but I myself have yet to beat the 4th guy. You realize, while I usually take the automatic promotion to immediately fight the next guy if I can afford it, you could always quit out (not out of the app, but paying to fight the next dude) and simply fight the first guy again to save up some cash.
As always, sound counsel. I will try and save up a few shekels and gain more experience before ramping up to the next level. That way, if I continue my losing ways, I can still buy into the second castle and duke it out right away rather than climb back up from castle one. It's all the same, I know, but at least I position myself for easier access to the higher levels rather than go through the (sometimes) discouraging mope of having to start from scratch.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 01-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.
02-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Multiplayer Matchup, anybody here?

Anybody playing some multiplayer matches with this game? Played only ONE match online, then everybody disappeared...? Many days lost in trying to match someone... ^^

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)
02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Dear, Jools75. In a few weeks Two Towers 1.2 will be available for iPhone. This will increase the number of people playing it. Also we've added some new cards, spells and improvements to our game.
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblink View Post
Dear, Jools75. In a few weeks Two Towers 1.2 will be available for iPhone. This will increase the number of people playing it. Also we've added some new cards, spells and improvements to our game.
Lol, hope iphone players can play against ipad/ipad2 users, otherwise multiplayer problem isn't still resolved eh eh eh... ^^

By the way, a universal release of this interesting app will be greatly appreciated, since I have iphone4 but not willing to pay twice for same app (totally against dual releases/dual billing, sorry to say that).

Nice news anyway, thanks for your answer.

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)