★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Company is Sole Proprietor, Apple asks for Inc. papers

05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Company is Sole Proprietor, Apple asks for Inc. papers

So I enrolled as a company last week and an email from apple arrives days later asking the ff:

- Articles of Partnership/Certificate of Partnership
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by Securities and Exchange Commission

The problem is the company has been registered as sole proprietor and only have the papers associated with that kind of business. I already emailed Apple saying so and no reply;

I am planning to just fax them what papers I have with a note explaining that fact. Is this recommended?
05-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Honestly,

If it is a sole proprietorship, your best bet is to simply enroll as an individual and not a company. Just use the company name as the predominant display in the AppStore rather than your name. That is something that can be set up in a matter of hours, rather than weeks it requires for the business entity to be established.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |

05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Ok

I didn't you could do that. I thought that if you registered as an individual, its your name that will appear alongside your app not a company. AS SAID in the enrolment forms

Your name will appear as the seller on the App Store
If you want a company name to appear as the seller on the App Store, please go back and enroll as a Standard Company.

I will re-enroll now.

Last edited by cavalcadegames; 05-10-2009 at 12:58 AM.
05-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Ya, they sort of mislead you. You can put whatever company name up for the app store. I've got my sole proprietorship name, Cascadia Games, showing up above the game title fine. My personal name, however, shows up in the email receipt. It's a little bit funky, for sure.
05-10-2009, 01:11 AM
2nd misleading info

on the 3rd page of the enrollment process is this:

Seller Name
The Name entered in your Profile will appear as the "seller" in the App Store.

2nd misleading info?

I am assuming that when you submit your app, there is a selection that lets you choose between personal name / company name?

I created a new account with my company name as its first and last name while the billing info is my name. I hope this is the safest way.
05-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Ok, here is what I did and the image shows the results. I my name where it said name and put all the info in the correct box. When I submitted my first application, it asked me for a company name and I put in App Tech Studios, that name can NOT be changed, so don't do any mispelled words

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalcadegames View Post
on the 3rd page of the enrollment process is this:

Seller Name
The Name entered in your Profile will appear as the "seller" in the App Store.

2nd misleading info?

I am assuming that when you submit your app, there is a selection that lets you choose between personal name / company name?

I created a new account with my company name as its first and last name while the billing info is my name. I hope this is the safest way.
Attached Images

05-10-2009, 06:39 AM
@CalvacadeGames

You can do like AppTech suggested and shown very clearly ;-), as you can see you will still see your company names as the maker of the apps. Though your personal name will appear as the seller. So it all depends if you think its better for you or not to have your personal name to show up there.

Of course registering as an individual can be real quick to get your activation code (hours versus weeks). You could also register as an individual now and later on as a company (this is what I am planning to do, as I am already registered as an individual).

Fred
05-10-2009, 06:51 AM
done

I went ahead and put my company name in the first name and last name fields..

so when Apple displays it:

Cavalcade Games (at the top)

seller: Cavalcade Games
c 2009 Cavalcade Games

I hope I wont get trouble for this. The Billing information though is my real name and account details.
05-10-2009, 11:02 AM

I don't know how they will respond to that. I thought they made checks out to the first and last name field

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
05-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
I don't know how they will respond to that. I thought they made checks out to the first and last name field
If he figured out how to cash a check made out to "Cavalcade Games" he will be fine.