★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombie Outbreak Simulator coming soon for iPad/iPhone

01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Zombie Outbreak Simulator coming soon for iPad/iPhone

*Trailer Update:

Quote:
*update

Beta Test Zombie Outbreak Simulator Now!

Zombie Outbreak Simulator for iOS is now in Beta! This means that we are essentially feature complete and are ready to begin testing!

We only have a limited number of keys to giveaway, but if you can help us do a great job testing our game then we would love to hear from you.

If you’d like to test Zombie Outbreak Simulator and have access to a 3rd gen or higher iOS device then please fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/8a6art8

Thank you, we look forward to releasing soon with your help.

Regards,
Jay and Saxon
Binary Space

Hi guys,
Jay Weston here from Binary Space. We are porting our PC game, Zombie Outbreak Simulator (ZOS) to iOS. ZOS met with a huge buzz online when it was released 2 years ago and went on to be played over 2.8 million times. We are now developing ZOS for the iPhone and iPad, with the addition of pinch to zoom features that show the outbreak on an even larger scale. Here is our work in progress!

ZOS is a sandbox game running on Google Maps (R) that allows you to observe a zombie outbreak in an actual, photographic, real world environment. Infection options allow you to tailor an outbreak to your hearts content - create classic "slow-movers", and disarm the population, or adjust zombie speed to modern day "fast-movers", and give everyone a gun. See the screenshot below for the full list of options for creating your own flavor of outbreak:

The following video is our latest development update showing the game in its current state, which is mostly feature complete except for the infection options.

Here is the new zoomed out view, via the new pinch to zoom features:

As well as a new, super high detail map in the Netherlands:

Follow us here, or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/class3outbreak), or sign up to our newsletter at www.binaryspacegames.com

Would like to hear what you think. Thanks for watching!

Regards,
Jay

Last edited by Jay Weston; 03-14-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: beta details
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm a bit Lost here is this going to be "a game" or just something for you to watch?
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Will it require online connection or be MMPO?

This seems similar to Zombilution.
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I'm a bit Lost here is this going to be "a game" or just something for you to watch?
Somewhere in the middle probably, that's why we call it a sandbox game. As per the settings screenshot, you can adjust things like zombie speed and civilian accuracy then reset the simulation and see how the outbreak unfolds, then adjust and re-run, etc.
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Will it require online connection or be MMPO?
The game runs on Google Maps imagery so yes you will need to be online. If there's a huge demand for an offline mode we may include it at some point.
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Weston View Post
The game runs on Google Maps imagery so yes you will need to be online. If there's a huge demand for an offline mode we may include it at some point.
Consider this a request for offline mode. It would be great if Apple would allow for Google Maps to be saved locally so they could be downloaded then played offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Weston View Post
Somewhere in the middle probably, that's why we call it a sandbox game. As per the settings screenshot, you can adjust things like zombie speed and civilian accuracy then reset the simulation and see how the outbreak unfolds, then adjust and re-run, etc.
More interactivity would be nice, maybe a playable character. See iOS game Manesty for an example of a game where you can't control characters directly but offers rewarding play.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd say an offline mode would be needed too. As being an iPod user means when I'm out the house I have no Internet connection.
01-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Consider this a request for offline mode. It would be great if Apple would allow for Google Maps to be saved locally so they could be downloaded then played offline.

More interactivity would be nice, maybe a playable character. See iOS game Manesty for an example of a game where you can't control characters directly but offers rewarding play.
Thanks for the feedback undeadcow. Did you mean "Amnesty"? I had trouble finding any game by Manesty or Amnesty.

Jay Weston
Creative Director, Binary Space

Twitter: www.twitter.com/JayWeston
01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I would like it to be offline mode where when we are online we can download the maps of the countries we're in so i can watch the zombies run around my local town.

Consider this a request for offline mode.