★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Half Breed is an action-packed game with awesome visuals, loads of unique weapons, a bunch of aliens, and epic boss fights!

Your character is a man who seeks revenge on the people that created him as a military experiment. Half-man and half-alien, a Half Breed, use special powers to defeat enemy aliens and their bosses.

Features:
-Hi-quality Graphics
-Smooth Gameplay
-Intense Action
-Addictive Playability
-Easy-to-use controls
-Fun for all ages

Start with 3 powers and collect more as you defeat each boss guarding a new level. Collect up to 22 powers for your battles!

Powers include:
-Electricity
-Laser
-Fire
-Invisibility
-Telekinesis
-Speed
-Lightning
-BFR (Big Fin Ray)
-and more!

FAST-ACTION COMBAT AGAINST DEADLY ALIENS
Battle a relentless alien army that will chase, shoot, and claw at you. Destroy their spawners before the aliens overwhelm you. This gun game has non-stop action.

EPIC BOSS FIGHTS
Show the boss enemies no mercy as you defeat them and take their powers.

UNIQUE INTUITIVE CONTROL SYSTEM
Obliterate your enemies using easy-to-use twin-joysticks. Amplify the game intensity by using touch-based powers. Tap your enemies and obstacles on screen to destroy them!

MULTIPLAYER CO-OP
Kill a never-ending supply of aliens with your best friend over Wi-Fi. Watch each others back and fight together as one in a closed arena environment. Play among different devices. An iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad can all work together!

COOL VISUALS
Fight in beautifully designed maps of terrain in deserts, cities, caverns, spaceships, and more. Watch out for the various obstacles that are as deadly as the aliens.

GAME CENTER LEADERBOARDS
Compare yourself to the warriors of the world via online leaderboards through Game Center.

* Half Breed is a universal app that can be played on the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3, or iPod Touch 4 all for one single price.

squarezero's comments:

I know next to nothing about this. It plays like a miniature version of Infamous -- though linear instead of open world. Surprisingly enjoyable.

Launch Trailer:

Half Breed - iPad - HD Gameplay Trailer:

01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Half Breed: Free 3D Action Game [Universal]

I know next to nothing about this. It plays like a miniature version of Infamous -- though linear instead of open world. Surprisingly enjoyable for a free game, and I have yet to find any IAP or unlock -- perhaps they're planning to include them in an update.

01-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I'll give it a shot for free, though i must admit, the delusional "most addictive action game ever" in the appstore desc did make me sigh

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
In the AppStore it showed IAP's. Not bad. 69p to unlock more levels
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

I know next to nothing about this. It plays like a miniature version of Infamous
I'm gonna stop you there... Seriously, i'm not even sure the hardest of hardcore drugs could make me believe this was anything like Infamous on the PS3. We are talking about Infamous on the PS3 right?? Yes, your char shoots a stiffly animated bolt of lightening from his hands, but minature version of infamous this is not! In my opinion anyway

In brief...

-Pretty decent graphics
-Character feels like he's gliding about rather than walking
-Attacking enemies is immensely un-fun and repetitive

There is iAP... To unlock full game 69p, to buy ammo etc.... There's about 10 IAP items listed.

Still, others make like it and no harm trying for free.

Deleted

01-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I`ll give it later a try. Expect the usual Feedback as soon as I will be done with it.
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I`ll give it later a try. Expect the usual Feedback as soon as I will be done with it.
You're a true soldier if you make a 15min vid of this one!

01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Working now. A nice little game. Quite cool with electricity not the usual gun. I'll buy the extra levels for sure

Last edited by psj3809; 01-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
I'm gonna stop you there... Seriously, i'm not even sure the hardest of hardcore drugs could make me believe this was anything like Infamous on the PS3. We are talking about Infamous on the PS3 right?? Yes, your char shoots a stiffly animated bolt of lightening from his hands, but minature version of infamous this is not! In my opinion anyway

In brief...

-Pretty decent graphics
-Character feels like he's gliding about rather than walking
-Attacking enemies is immensely un-fun and repetitive

There is iAP... To unlock full game 69p, to buy ammo etc.... There's about 10 IAP items listed.

Still, others make like it and no harm trying for free.

Deleted
Sorry to anger the fanboy gods . My point, of course, is that you have electrical powers, can fly/glide, gain more abilities as you make your way through the games, etc. Clearly the developer was inspired by Infamous, but I was not making any judgments about quality with that statement. Perhaps I place more emphasis on the word "miniature" than you do.

Sorry about missing the IAPs -- couldn't find them in the game itself, and when I downloaded the game they were not yet listed in the description.
01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Arrrrggh. Keeps crashing during the first level. Do like the game but keep getting crashes. Anyone else?