★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ingZ Inc
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 133.6 MB
  • Version: 1.12
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Join thousands and explore, fight and trade throughout the galaxy in this massively multiplayer epic. Over 100,000 systems based on the role playing game by the same name.

-Pick one of the three starter classes
-Explore the large galaxy map
-Equip your ship and fight PVP and PVE
-Trade across the galaxy
-Play with the traditional accelerometer or for some real action use the augmented reality feature and find items by GPS that others will miss.

Please note this application uses the GPS running in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.

This game is an online game and requires a constant connection to the internet by 3G or wifi.

Please upgrade to ios5 on your device for best performance.

ipod touches, iphone 3GS,ipad 1, can have issues with this app. Fixes are in process but for best results use iphone 4, iphone 4S and ipad 2

Cromwell's comments:

Combining 3D visual immersion with deep Traveller RPG complexity to create a fantastic iPhone space game.
  • Become instantly immersed in the beautiful and deadly augmented reality of this deep space iPhone game.
  • Explore a Galaxy's worth of Traveller MMO depth achieving new ranks, trophies, and levels for you and your ship in this iPhone space game adventure.
  • Engage in exciting PvP or PvE battles or simply explore and trade in this iPhone RPG for infinite replay-ability.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Log Day#1
Jumped into the cockpit and will try to take off soon. Maybe I will find some good freight runs, fight some pirates or whatever the universe will offer me! ^^

Please note that the game is still in BETA phase! Because of this there are some bugs which might lead to problems playing the game. On the other hand you pay just a fraction of the normal price.
01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Seems cool, just like to know what the gold upgrade IAP does?

01-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Too bad it's an MMO.

Are the Traveller RPG elements licensed?

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Here is a post about the pricing: ---> http://www.traveller-ar.com/develope...iphone-mmorpg/

And here answers from the devs to some of my questions and my concerns about the IAP.

Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Too bad it's an MMO.

Are the Traveller RPG elements licensed?
I hope so ^^ Here something from their website about the team behind the game:

Marc Miller, original Traveller game designer

Marc Miller is an established, award-winning game designer. One of the founders of Game Designers’ Workshop, Marc has designed dozens of games, from World War II simulations to interplanetary travel, and received every major award for game design excellence. He has published or been involved with every version of Traveller produced, from the original Traveller pen-and-paper space role-playing game published in 1977 to the soon-to-be released Traveller5, and is excited to work with ingZ on Traveller for the mobile platform.
--> http://www.traveller-ar.com/about/ingz-inc/

GC: Cr0mw3ll | OF: LordCromwell | +: LordCromwell
Gunshine.net: Cromwell [a1] (non iOS)

Last edited by Cromwell; 01-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Instabuy - looks awesome ! Back with impressions in a bit. I love the Traveller universe ever since my pen and paper gaming days back in the 80's !

Playing : Dragon Quest 8 / Battleheart:Legacy / Monster Hunter Potrable 2G / Wayward Souls
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
This looks pretty cool but the trailer makes it look very confusing? Also as a iPod touch user does this mean I can't play it as it says it uses GPS?
01-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow, this looks like an --->EPIC<--- game in the works. Downloading now and will post impressions tonight or tomorrow. For .99 cents "Beta" price vs $4.99 future price, I'll skip the dollar menu burger today .

Anyone else been playing this yet???
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Can I turn off the GPS option?
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Wow... iPod Touch 4th gen, ios 5.0.1, NOT JAILBROKEN.

Game runs but crashes after account creation and starting new game. The HUD loads but crashes whenever I try to do something. Tried a hard reset and still a no go.

Guess I will have to wait for an update to even play? Pity, this game looks like it has tons of potential.
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
EDIT: Double post...